• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've ordered from there many times now and never had a problem. If you decide to try to order again, you could try a different internet browser as there might be some compatibility issue. I had 1 order that got slightly messed up and they were very helpful and resolved the issue over the phone.

I've also found that many times their pricing can't be beat.

Just my experience.
I want to order from them but I don’t know what more I can do. I will try to show what I see and what should be displayed. Hahaha on second thought I will not. It shows all my personal information. I’m trying to order on my phone because computer is down for good.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just tried again with Yahoo and got the same results as google. Maybe IPad will work. Seems like they could fix it easily enough.

springer1981

I just tried again with Yahoo and got the same results as google. Maybe IPad will work. Seems like they could fix it easily enough.
This tells a lot. First Yahoo and Google are search engines and have nothing to do with ordering from the website. Second, you are on a phone and that is most likely your issue. The website might not be "mobile" friendly or your phone is old and can't do what the website requires. Ipad might work but again if the website is not specifically mobile friendly it might not. Age of ipad can affect it too. Recommended advice is find a Computer to order from.

I can tell you that when you enter your address and continue there is a "popup" that asks you to change to the recommended "corrected" address for shipping. In my case it is the same exact address but all in CAPS. I select to use their suggestion and it works fine after that. I will guess that you are not getting that popup on your phone for compatibility reasons. Just a guess though.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You need to be using a different Browser. Yahoo and Google are web search engines.
Meaning Chrome or Brave or Microsoft Edge or Firefox or Safari (Mac) and whoever else decided they needed to be in that business.

OPINION: Way back when, there was a browser standard. HTML was Hyper Text Markup Language at Version 1 and it was incredibly simple. Everybody "kinda" followed that standard. Bill Gates kicked everybody else to the curb and adjusted the standard to meet the needs of his operating system.

STUFF EXPLAINED: Portable Computers should be using a different page than the normal PC or Mac based page in your browser. That way the actions of the page are matched to the cell phone or tablet or whatever you use. Sometimes you can click a button on a page for "Desktop" or for "Mobile" and solve the problem.

AND, just for what it's worth: Now days, there are people who get paid just to change websites for the sake of change. Think about it. You get at least an update a month on your cell phone or tablet. Software update. WHO KNOWS what they update, but everything could be just fine this morning - and this evening something won't work that did before.

I keep two or three browsers loaded on my cell phone. If it "acts stupid" or just plain doesn't work, I try another browser. Often times that will fix the problem.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
This tells a lot. First Yahoo and Google are search engines and have nothing to do with ordering from the website. Second, you are on a phone and that is most likely your issue. The website might not be "mobile" friendly or your phone is old and can't do what the website requires. Ipad might work but again if the website is not specifically mobile friendly it might not. Age of ipad can affect it too. Recommended advice is find a Computer to order from.

I can tell you that when you enter your address and continue there is a "popup" that asks you to change to the recommended "corrected" address for shipping. In my case it is the same exact address but all in CAPS. I select to use their suggestion and it works fine after that. I will guess that you are not getting that popup on your phone for compatibility reasons. Just a guess though.
Sorry... Looks like I was busy typing as you were posting.
Seems that both of us were saying the same thing.

Maybe between us, Maxjeep1 will know what he needs to know. :)
Things are definitely more difficult than they need to be!

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to be using a different Browser. Yahoo and Google are web search engines.
Meaning Chrome or Brave or Microsoft Edge or Firefox or Safari (Mac) and whoever else decided they needed to be in that business.

OPINION: Way back when, there was a browser standard. HTML was Hyper Text Markup Language at Version 1 and it was incredibly simple. Everybody "kinda" followed that standard. Bill Gates kicked everybody else to the curb and adjusted the standard to meet the needs of his operating system.

STUFF EXPLAINED: Portable Computers should be using a different page than the normal PC or Mac based page in your browser. That way the actions of the page are matched to the cell phone or tablet or whatever you use. Sometimes you can click a button on a page for "Desktop" or for "Mobile" and solve the problem.

AND, just for what it's worth: Now days, there are people who get paid just to change websites for the sake of change. Think about it. You get at least an update a month on your cell phone or tablet. Software update. WHO KNOWS what they update, but everything could be just fine this morning - and this evening something won't work that did before.

I keep two or three browsers loaded on my cell phone. If it "acts stupid" or just plain doesn't work, I try another browser. Often times that will fix the problem.
I see a thin blue line and that’s all I can see unless I pinch it in then I can see it but can’t press it. I guess I don’t have the right equipment to pull it off. Funny because I never had any problems anywhere I have ordered. I will have to figure something out. Thank you for your help.. all are good suggestions

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry... Looks like I was busy typing as you were posting.
Seems that both of us were saying the same thing.

Maybe between us, Maxjeep1 will know what he needs to know. :)
Things are definitely more difficult than they need to be!
Just curious but have you ever ordered anything from there on your phone? I can’t believe that I’m the only dummy that can’t make it happen. Lol

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I see a thin blue line and that’s all I can see unless I pinch it in then I can see it but can’t press it. I guess I don’t have the right equipment to pull it off. Funny because I never had any problems anywhere I have ordered. I will have to figure something out. Thank you for your help.. all are good suggestions
A different browser really might be the fix then.
AND they are free downloads too.
If nothing else, you could download one and test it.

In answer to your question about online ordering, yes. I have. I have experienced the same thing you described (or similar) and said bad words. Changing to a different device (phone to a tablet for example) or to a PC has solved MY problem most of the time. I have also done like you and said that apparently they don't have what I need - or I don't need it badly enough to deal with the frustration.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A different browser really might be the fix then.
AND they are free downloads too.
If nothing else, you could download one and test it.

In answer to your question about online ordering, yes. I have. I have experienced the same thing you described (or similar) and said bad words. Changing to a different device (phone to a tablet for example) or to a PC has solved MY problem most of the time. I have also done like you and said that apparently they don't have what I need - or I don't need it badly enough to deal with the frustration.
Hahaha sounds like you have experienced it. I have tried several times since because I want the stuff in my cart. They should be able to take phone orders when you are having trouble with the website

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hahaha sounds like you have experienced it. I have tried several times since because I want the stuff in my cart. They should be able to take phone orders when you are having trouble with the website
The hard part is that if the company had access to your cart, they would also have access to your credit card information (or might).
Stupid as it sounds - they can't see your cart until you hit the order button.

I definitely agree with the ability to take phone orders!
In a few instances I have done a screen capture of my cart and emailed it to the company.
That way they have to call you to get the order placed and take your money.
Not perfect, but it works better than a phone that rings and nobody answers.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Dad and Mom just seen my Truck and Dad really liked it. I took Dad and Son out in the desert and climbed some hills and it is like billy goat. I just cruised because we didn’t have seatbelts or seats. Dad is 84 so I don’t know how many rides he has left in him. This has been a really good experience and the memories are Priceless!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
My Dad and Mom just seen my Truck and Dad really liked it. I took Dad and Son out in the desert and climbed some hills and it is like billy goat. I just cruised because we didn’t have seatbelts or seats. Dad is 84 so I don’t know how many rides he has left in him. This has been a really good experience and the memories are Priceless!
THAT is cool! Do all you can while you can with him...

I remember one of my car projects where I had a pair of milk crates for seats for several months. I drove it like I stole it - even with the crates for seats. Never fell out on the floor either! :cool: How goofy can you be when you are in your teens?

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone still have this sticker on their truck? I wonder if it has Break in oil in it? I smell diesel fuel and I think I have a leak in the valley 4CBC5124-7324-48C9-BEFE-B2DF7FBB6473.jpeg

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have bought two trucks by pictures one was an M920 and the other was a U1300L Unimog. After talking with the owners for a bit on the trucks I felt good about who they were (I know that is taking a chance) but both trucks were even better than I thought they would be and on the M920 I had that shipped from CA to ND and when it arrived I found all was in order and better than expected. The Unimog I pulled a trailer out to NY and inspected and picked up the truck and hauled it back to ND and that truck has been 100% in every way a pleasure to own! I know that I have gotten lucky and try very hard to inspect trucks in person before laying out the cash but sometimes its virtually impossible to do that! Again I have been lucky!

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have bought two trucks by pictures one was an M920 and the other was a U1300L Unimog. After talking with the owners for a bit on the trucks I felt good about who they were (I know that is taking a chance) but both trucks were even better than I thought they would be and on the M920 I had that shipped from CA to ND and when it arrived I found all was in order and better than expected. The Unimog I pulled a trailer out to NY and inspected and picked up the truck and hauled it back to ND and that truck has been 100% in every way a pleasure to own! I know that I have gotten lucky and try very hard to inspect trucks in person before laying out the cash but sometimes its virtually impossible to do that! Again I have been lucky!
That’s a good feeling to have and doesn’t happen often.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks