• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Green Croc.... My monster KrAZ-255B1

WarHorse_Alex

Just was try to put it in maximum angles and check, how frame can be bent... Muzzle is split from cab and hood. Radiator core, front grille, engine mount on front part of frame tight, cab and hood are more beyond, and in case of diagonal angles frame slightly bent - this is absolutely normal - elasticity of frame and can be see at pics....

Attachments

WarHorse_Alex

How Green Croc help in farm deals xDDD First and main action - is 'mud cruiser' xDDDD Last mile around farm and fields, where is no roads are heavy for pass at rains and spring season. There is LR fans also!!!! So, we can think, that military vehicle collection is expand xDDDD

Attachments

dmetalmiki

Very interesting!!! Additional hydraulics and gear levers - can you describe it more detailed with pics? Or maybe you have that post about somewhere here?
And then I can say about you truck more precisely... But now I saw, that your Kraz have roll cage around cab and splitted headlights domes - that was only at bridging trucks... Updated: It's TMM bridge truck maybe... TMM has additional hydro!!!
Cranes or shovels don't have roll cages and spare tires at top!!!
here are the pictures of the levers. WHAT do they all do in which position???

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
I am trying to get someone who CLAIMS, to know something about the KRAZ to tell me a few things, and maybe provide the TM's, in German. He told me he drove the KRAZ in the DDR army, and has some experience. We shall see.

WarHorse_Alex

Thank you so much. I only see this just now.
not anywhere in posts..site VERY difficult to navigate.
Again thank you.
tomorrow we take Kraz out for a drive.
Hmmm... Navigate... I not think so. This site has one of best engines - I saw many others more and more terrible )))))))) - just look at upper right corner of site 'dashboard' - it have a bell with your personal notification about each likes and replies and also it have PM - conversation here - it same - 'post envelope' also inform you about each new message... Just every time, when you open this forum - check it first...

I can tell also, that take attention - on hard pavements not only front axle must be OFF - 'left far to rear wall of cab' lever - rear interaxle lock - must be in OFF position!!!!!
One of required procedure (for myself) every time, when I seat in driver chair - check all of that levers. Because in my truck winch lever and interaxle lock goes very easily and can be shift accidentally.

WarHorse_Alex

I now see that the other owner before me has wires every wrong!.
the start switch not wired
the pre heat
not wired.
Lucky my Kraz starts at one touch of button every time. (I put a switch in).
I am to wire up the start and heat switch properly.
How it was started before? What was as starter switch from preowner?

D6T

The levers are as follows, left to right, to the best of my memory, from top position to bottom:
Intermediate axle differential (on/off)
Transfer case (high forward/low rear)
PTO (off/on?)
Bed dump control (up/neutral/down)

...BUT...

Earlier trucks had the intermediate switch on top of the dash, next to the glovebox.
Transfer case switch in middle of dash.
PTO next to glovebox.
Bed dump control on the floor/near front seat mounts as I recall.

WarHorse_Alex

The levers are as follows, left to right, to the best of my memory, from top position to bottom:
Intermediate axle differential (on/off)
Transfer case (high forward/low rear)
PTO (off/on?)
Bed dump control (up/neutral/down)

...BUT...

Earlier trucks had the intermediate switch on top of the dash, next to the glovebox.
Transfer case switch in middle of dash.
PTO next to glovebox.
Bed dump control on the floor/near front seat mounts as I recall.
It's scheme for 6x4 dump truck - 257/258 models... Not for our case...
What is PTO? Hydraulic pump?

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with the other's !! Wonderful machine! Wonderful story! New lease on life for the monster beast! I have dreams of Eastern Bloc equipment, but I don't have a deep enough wallet! LOL THANKS for sharing!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks