• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The M983 HEMTT tractor is coming along

Stalwart

This isn't Bruce's first, he probably has a pretty good idea, even better than me, and I bought one mostly done. I'm getting tired of people saying they want somethin and then getting all pissy when they find out what they want is kinda rare/valuable. My wife wants a Kettenkrad and I want a helicopter, neither will probably ever come true, we simply can't afford them. :wink:

ddgoose69

I understand I am looking to spend around sixty but this is for traveling and wheeling of course. Plus just the sheer coolness value when you pull up anywhere in one. lol

Stalwart

One for $60K is quite possible, we all saw an LVS about 1 year back that they were asking $50K for, it was very rough, but it appeared all there.

Stalwart

BTW DDG, my apologies, we have a lot of newbies that want something like that for $5K and rare armored vehicles for $10K. :cookoo: :wink:

ddgoose69

None taken. Being almost retired from the Air Force and running combat convoy, i had the priveledge of driving some of these beasts. From and M1070 to a Hemmt fuel truck and all i can say is i am hooked!!!!! This will be my "cobra" or sunday driver unless i go on a road trip with the kiddos. lol going to start my own thread so we dont hijack this one. lol

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might not even have it long enough to complete it! Two guys are VERY interested and one guy has a solid offer on the table. Thinking things over...I hate to part with it, but I like the thrill of the chase (i.e., finding new toys).

Nonotagain

I might not even have it long enough to complete it! Two guys are VERY interested and one guy has a solid offer on the table. Thinking things over...I hate to part with it, but I like the thrill of the chase (i.e., finding new toys).
Bruce, you have to keep the truck atleast thru the Aberdeen show.

While the chase is nice, one still must enjoy the catch also.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Next project for you, Bruce, is to find an FMTV truck and restore that. There are only a few of us out there. I sold mine to a gent in Nevada, but I am selling some spare parts I have to another FMTV owner in New York, so they are out there....

Then again, there's that MTVR wreck in the SS classifieds.... ;)

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Next project for you, Bruce, is to find an FMTV truck and restore that. There are only a few of us out there. I sold mine to a gent in Nevada, but I am selling some spare parts I have to another FMTV owner in New York, so they are out there....

Then again, there's that MTVR wreck in the SS classifieds.... ;)
If I had the money when the FMTV came up in GA, I would have owned that one...or the guy who got it would have paid substantially more! I wanted that truck badly...and almost pulled the trigger, but I got nervous at the last minute.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No money has exchanged hands, but it is as good as gone. If something falls through, I will PM you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks