• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Mule Rides Again

tacotruck

No fun pictures, just wrapping up cleaning off under coat. Scope of work is now defined as inner/outer rockers both sides, tail pan, patching floor pan anywhere its needed (including any supports on the cab/body that are needed), and fuel system. Anything else will wait to next year. Should be starting to measure for making cuts soon.

That is more work then I will ever do again in this lifetime. Have at it.
It's quite a bit but after seeing some of the junk cars other people have resuscitated for clicks on Youtube this one I think pretty simple in comparison. Finding the motivation to do it comes and goes when your daily is 20 years old but I think it's really gonna be worth it in the end. County fair is in mid September and wouldn't mind setting it out there on display or driving it in the parade for the local sportsman club, as it has done in the past.

Out of curiosity, what does the rear interior of the cab look like? (The vertical section behind the doors where the gun rack is) I am experiencing an explosion of rust in this area, I have not found a patch panel if there is one.
Bad. One of the mounts would probably fall through if I put something in it... The shape is reasonably simple though so I should be able to make something even if it won't look quite factory on the outside. The floor supports is iffy on the driver's side but will need replaced passenger for me but those are the same as a crew cab pickup, I think.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Out of curiosity, what does the rear interior of the cab look like? (The vertical section behind the doors where the gun rack is) I am experiencing an explosion of rust in this area, I have not found a patch panel if there is one.
They make a rear floor pan that starts at the middle or so of the front seats and goes up to the rear seat foot well. They are not a perfect fit by any means so you gotta be good at fab and have some steel to use to finish the floor support. Classic 2 current Fabrication part number SKU: 893-445-1 is one side...I like these because it is a thick steel and stamped here not china.

cucvrus

I keep thinking about this and I would think it is time to do a body divorce from the frame and do it right. I lifted that body off washed and painted everything. That was 18 years ago. I am guilty of being the one that drove that vehicle thru all the bad weather and salt. It seems like we have not had any real snow since I sold that CUCV. When I bought it with 17K miles on it I was surprised at how nice the body was. Issues did arise after I was driving it a few years and I did fix a lot of rust in the roof and left quarter panel. I used a truck bedside to patch the left rear quarter panel. That was 2015 and time is not kind to any vehicles that are driven year-round. Good Luck. I don't know your work area situation and if you have the equipment or shelter to work on things over a long period of time, but I wish you luck. Take Care and Be Safe. Getting the cab mount bolts out will be the real challenge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks