• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The official 2022 Southeast Military Vehicle Rally information thread (the event formerly known as the Georgia Rally). This is gonna' be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great looking area, great job to those involved with finding and scheduling this new location.
What are the chances we will have available power in the Swap Meet Area for those of us that usually set-up and stay in out location.

This looks to be about a 5hr journey for me, not too bad.
My main issue that is going to hold me back from making the trip, is my Truck situation.
My truck is getting old and wore down as I am, and with the high cost of trucks these days getting an affordable replacement is nearly impossible.
My truck can no longer handle the long trips that include large hills and Mountains anymore, mainly due to a possible cracked head issue...
The Truck not me...lol

After my Fathers passing in Dec. 2019, I did acquire his 92 Ford Dully Single Cab 350XLT with 7.3 idi, non turbo diesel.
This truck runs very well but started having an issue shutting down after its driven for about a mile, my fathers health got worse before he was ablt to track down issue. Possibilities issues so far is the Fuel Pump, Injector Pump, or possibly wiring issue along the Heads and Intake.

I sent it to a shop early last year to track down issue, but unfortunately they lost their Diesel mechanic so the truck never was diagnosed. I now have to learn about this truck and engine to fix it, myself. So far this truck is best chance for me making the rally, if the high Desile Fuel Prices dont become an issue.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great looking area, great job to those involved with finding and scheduling this new location.
What are the chances we will have available power in the Swap Meet Area for those of us that usually set-up and stay in out location.

This looks to be about a 5hr journey for me, not too bad.
My main issue that is going to hold me back from making the trip, is my Truck situation.
My truck is getting old and wore down as I am, and with the high cost of trucks these days getting an affordable replacement is nearly impossible.
My truck can no longer handle the long trips that include large hills and Mountains anymore, mainly due to a possible cracked head issue...
The Truck not me...lol

After my Fathers passing in Dec. 2019, I did acquire his 92 Ford Dully Single Cab 350XLT with 7.3 idi, non turbo diesel.
This truck runs very well but started having an issue shutting down after its driven for about a mile, my fathers health got worse before he was ablt to track down issue. Possibilities issues so far is the Fuel Pump, Injector Pump, or possibly wiring issue along the Heads and Intake.

I sent it to a shop early last year to track down issue, but unfortunately they lost their Diesel mechanic so the truck never was diagnosed. I now have to learn about this truck and engine to fix it, myself. So far this truck is best chance for me making the rally, if the high Desile Fuel Prices dont become an issue.

Bobby,

You can always drive the Ford 350 and see if anyone at the rally can look at it. I hear tell the rally has people that know things. ;-)

ToddJK

The park looks awesome! Unfortunately for me, I can't make this one. Google machine says it'll be 9hrs and 42mins with a normal car, lol. That's over 13hrs in the deuce and my rear will be turned into Swiss cheese by the time I get there! Plus with a baby coming in July, I'm gonna be a busy guy, lol. The Georgia rallies always looked awesome from the YT videos and I will eventually make one of them, probably not until 2024 or so. Either way though, thanks to all of you guys for putting this together, it's gonna be a ball!! My only request, somebody better be doing some filming! Pictures alone aren't gonna do!

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bobby,

You can always drive the Ford 350 and see if anyone at the rally can look at it. I hear tell the rally has people that know things. ;-)

I would agree there usually is plenty of help at the ralley!
Unfortunately with the F350 sitting now for a couple years, its going to take a bit to get back running, especially since it stopped running when it was parked in 2019. Once its running I would then have to figure out what the issue is that was shutting it off; on my Dad, after a mile or so. I do currently have a person that is helping me over the web, through one of the Diesel FB groups I'm now part of, so hopefully he can help me get it fixed and going again over the summer.

Rhino 5/4

A little early I suppose but is anyone from Texas or surrounding states planning on going? Think we are shifting to LOW-T and trailer with recovery vehicles. If the deuce seems questionable will definitely take the Rhino and 1 recovery vehicle. Trails are too awesome to pass up a little play time. Hope to have registration done next week. Lots of pm to do before the trip. Retrieving the M105 tomorrow. Would love to convoy with others if possible.
20220713_091411.jpg20220709_102436.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
A little early I suppose but is anyone from Texas or surrounding states planning on going? Think we are shifting to LOW-T and trailer with recovery vehicles. If the deuce seems questionable will definitely take the Rhino and 1 recovery vehicle. Trails are too awesome to pass up a little play time. Hope to have registration done next week. Lots of pm to do before the trip. Retrieving the M105 tomorrow. Would love to convoy with others if possible.
View attachment 873108View attachment 873109
I'm in Memphis with trucks and lowboys. Even if I'm not around there are drivers

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to go, but it would be more drive time than rally time for me. 50 mph in the M1078 all the way there will take a while. Hmm.

Take a civi vehicle. While I have been to this rally many times I have only taken MV trailers with the Winged Dodge. It's about the people, friends and family.

Not sure how many rooms are left but I checked on costs the week it was announced for a hotel room but waited a week to decide. They had already gone up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks