• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The official 2022 Southeast Military Vehicle Rally information thread (the event formerly known as the Georgia Rally). This is gonna' be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeColt

Supporting Vendor
Take a civi vehicle. While I have been to this rally many times I have only taken MV trailers with the Winged Dodge. It's about the people, friends and family.

Not sure how many rooms are left but I checked on costs the week it was announced for a hotel room but waited a week to decide. They had already gone up.
I just got back for a 4,700 mile cross country trip with 90 hours of driving. I think I will plan on being there with my M1078 next year.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to go, but it would be more drive time than rally time for me. 50 mph in the M1078 all the way there will take a while. Hmm.
AW its just 2500 mi round trip !!!! at 50 mph thats just 50 hrs of just driving and 2k to 25 hundred bucks in fuel if nothing breaks and then eats and lodging whats the problem ???? lol

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
For anyone coming into the rally from the south, it. MS, AL, GA

If you don't want to come up I75 to Knoxville you can come up TN 27 From Chattanooga thru soddy daisy to Dayton to rockwood/Harriman.

This is a 4 lane highway with no mountains. Few towns with a few stoplights. But a nice drive. It has ZERO hills on this valley road and is a direct route to Oliver springs.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just a little over two months away. Anyway we can get a official buy-sell-trade thread started?
Here it is: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threa...y-vehicle-rally-buy-sell-trade-thread.210618/

Holy moly, I can't believe I forgot this. I guess I was so "tunnel vision" over the new facility that it just slipped my mind.

The amount of time having to make sure all the bases are covered at a new location is surprising. I guess I'd gotten spoiled to having been at D-town for so long that a lot of those issues were already dealt with.

I got the porta potties dealt with this week, got a proof back on the t-shirts, and something else that's now slipped my mind.

You guys wanna' see the shirts?

I had considered offering the shirts up on pre-sales, to better judge the demand. One year I bought way too many shirts and after that, I've been much more conservative on my ordering numbers, but I don't want anyone to not get a shirt if they want one.

The rally this year is going to cost us over $4,000 to put on. Neither Mac nor I would like to pay that out of our pockets, so we really, really hope ya'll like the shirts. :ROFLMAO:

shirt.jpg

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Sizes will likely be small, medium, large, XL, XXL and XXXL.

I'll have some cost #s next week, but I'd assume it'll be close to prior years ($20 / shirt, $22.50 for XXL and XXXL).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For anyone coming into the rally from the south, it. MS, AL, GA

If you don't want to come up I75 to Knoxville you can come up TN 27 From Chattanooga thru soddy daisy to Dayton to rockwood/Harriman.

This is a 4 lane highway with no mountains. Few towns with a few stoplights. But a nice drive. It has ZERO hills on this valley road and is a direct route to Oliver springs.
Wow, if I follow this route I'll never drive a foot of interstate. Might try it.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, if I follow this route I'll never drive a foot of interstate. Might try it.
I've been thinking the same thing. Between hills and a 45 MPH top speed for my M35A3, interstates scare me. I spend most of the time with emergency flashers on. I've had some very close calls with being rear-ended in the past.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The speed limit up 27 Is most 55. Some 70 but it's not heavily traveled

You Georgia boys can come up 71 from Dalton to Cleveland TN then take TN 60 across the dayton, TN to hit TN 27

TN 60 is a 2 lane highway 55mph and a nice ride

Or you can come across the Chickamauga dam at Chattanooga

There is a truckstop on the north side of dayton

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks