• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The official 2022 Southeast Military Vehicle Rally information thread (the event formerly known as the Georgia Rally). This is gonna' be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhino 5/4

Hey all. A slight change in plans for Rhino and crew. Finally got a yes for the boys to come so we will do the car trip instead of the big green truck. Plan is to come and hang out with everyone Saturday and head back to Nashville. We will leave Texas Wed after work and do some needed catching up with daughters in Nashville. Looking forward to meeting everyone in person and seeing all the vehicles and all the hard work everyone has put in them. Hopefully next year will afford us more time to make the journey in something green.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe I have it worked out to where I can be at the rally this year, will not have my setup as usual due to I'll be driving my car, my truck can't make these trips anymore these days.

I will still be set up with what little bit I can bring in the vendor area with my friend John.

Can't wait to see everyone WindRock looks like an awesome place and I'm sure everybody's going to enjoy it!

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After some searching, finally found this tread. This year definitely not, next year is hopefully possible.

Cannot we get a group together to restore that abandoned train? Looks like the "rails to trails" already happened, but if we do some nice work, we could make the wagons into something like a "steelsoldiers headquarter" and dining room?

Bobweb

After some searching, finally found this tread. This year definitely not, next year is hopefully possible.

Cannot we get a group together to restore that abandoned train? Looks like the "rails to trails" already happened, but if we do some nice work, we could make the wagons into something like a "steelsoldiers headquarter" and dining room?
I’ll bring the beers

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Folks, it's been brought to my attention that some folks have expressed concerns about the cost of attending the event, to the point where apparently more than one person thinks it costs a thousand bucks a day to attend.

I need to address this.

It costs the rally (Mac and me) $1,000 per day to rent the field. So we're really hoping you'll all buy a t-shirt, lol.

Rally attendees will encounter the following fees, all from Windrock. The rally will charge you nothing to attend, unless you buy a shirt.

Lodging: You're either gonna' rent a cabin (I think all still sold out right now), pay a primitive camping fee, or get a room in town. Yes, if you are going to stay with your stuff in the swap meet area, you'll still pay the camping fee.

Offroading: You'll pay the fees for access to the offroad park.

I do not think there are "spectator's passes" just to be in the field during the day.

Hopefully this is clear, and if it's not, post a question and I'll be happy to find an answer.

Thanks everybody

C

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Also, I can't get there any sooner than Thursday afternoon. It's just life, work, etc.

So you may get there before we do. Please be patient with the Windrock staff.

This is everyone's first year: Let's be frank: no one knows where anything is going to go. Could be bumpy, confusing, etc.

Thanks

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, I can't get there any sooner than Thursday afternoon. It's just life, work, etc.

So you may get there before we do. Please be patient with the Windrock staff.

This is everyone's first year: Let's be frank: no one knows where anything is going to go. Could be bumpy, confusing, etc.

Thanks
Thanks

Last edited:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
He was checking to see if there was a daily fee to be in Windrock, that he needed to pay. I told him, as far as I know from the posts you posted he would need to pay a camping fee and the only other cost that I know of, is to help out by buying a Tee Shirt.
This is my understanding.

How do you want people to set up in the Vendor location? How much available power is in this area?
Would the picture below of the Pavilion area be the right location for Vendor set up?
I do not have a design of the field layout yet. Durhamtown's main rally field was a result of several years trial and error and once we found a groove we liked (aisles, lots of room in between them for big trucks, etc.), it started happening organically.

I would tell early arrivals to go to Windrock Hollow and start setting up and we'll see where everything ends up.

Would this map of the Windrock campgrounds and Pavilion be the right locations that we would be in?
No, we're going to Windrock Hollow.

Upon arrival in Oliver Springs, you’ll first need to go to the Windrock Park General Store (912 Windrock Rd., 37840, Google maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/WdScK88dwf6QT5Z8A. They’ll get you your room keys, sell you your offroading passes (if you’re taking part), answer any questions and charge you for primitive camping.

At this point, you can either head to your cabin or RV spot for hookup. After that, you can head to the rally spot, which is Windrock Hollow (624 Hoskins Gap Rd., 37840, Google maps link: https://goo.gl/maps/cDF1scKXiD5fiDjk6

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you, I forgot to go back to look at the very first page at your first post before I asked any questions. I see now everything was in that first post.

I deleted a lot of the info from the previous post where I asked these questions so not to confuse anyone. Thanks

Last edited:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Do we still have the signs to direct attendees to the field? There is a "Windrock Hollow" sign, it is rough;y 1 mile from the trailhead to the field.
I'll look when I get home. Don't remember.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was planning on leaving Wednesday morning, but a medical problem has interfered. I changed my primitive campsite reservation for Thursday. Assuming the doctors clear me, I'll be there Thursday in my A3 deuce. The truck is mostly ready, but I still have a few things to check. I don't plan on pulling a trailer this year.

M35A3-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks