• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The official 2023 Southeast Military Vehicle Rally information thread (the event formerly known as the Georgia Rally).

DeMilitarized

I'm keeping my calendar clear- I've missed what, the last 3 or 4? Going to drag EMD with me. He retired, so no excuses now.

Probably won't have time to get the deuce ready, is there a place to park a semi? might bring EMD's WC and my M37 on one truck.
Definitely a place to park a semi either in the campground or in the main parking lot about .5 miles down the road

BGR

Going to try and get a buddy to go, will be our first year. The cabins are all already booked so I will have to decide if I want to rough it or not. Not sure if the deuces will be ready or not so may have to take the M1009 and the M274.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm keeping my calendar clear- I've missed what, the last 3 or 4? Going to drag EMD with me. He retired, so no excuses now.

Probably won't have time to get the deuce ready, is there a place to park a semi? might bring EMD's WC and my M37 on one truck.
There's room for a hundred semis and a thousand M37s. Start packing junk today.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, our group is staying in a motel, which is less than 10 minutes from the park. No tents, no cabins, 'free breakfast' (built into the room rate), hot water showers, TV, and other amenities of civilization.
Thats what i did last year ! Too easy to run back to hotel each night rest get cleaned up and start over next day !

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
This would be a good place to add this..................

Although cabins on the Windrock facility would be the preferable choice, town is only 10-15 minutes away and there are quite a lot of boarding choices there.

One of the benefits of Windrock was the proximity to town; at Durhamtown, if all the cabins were rented, you had to drive a pretty good way to find a hotel.

Just something to consider.

BGR

Was able to reserve two rooms at a hotel about 15mi away. Hopefully parking won't be an issue but if it is Im sure we could just uber or something. That's if we can get the deuces ready in time. I am stripping mine down now.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, this is a pleasant surprise... This is about 7 minutes from my folks place. If there's room I'll bring my deuce by, if not I'll ride my bike and look at everyone else's rig. See y'all in October!
Theres enough room to bring Camp Lejeune ! The more the better and bring stuff to sell or trade ! p.s. and a few loose women with low morals and self esteem !

Last edited:

BGR

Does anyone know if it would be safe to assume that we will be allowed to set up a small area to relax and get out of the sun during the day? We are staying in a hotel so we are not renting an area on site. Just don't know if that requires a paid permit in advance or something.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Does anyone know if it would be safe to assume that we will be allowed to set up a small area to relax and get out of the sun during the day? We are staying in a hotel so we are not renting an area on site. Just don't know if that requires a paid permit in advance or something.
I certainly do not see why that would be an issue.

Reactions: BGR

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seemed like there was lots of extra room in the vendors area last year to throw one of those pull apart roof canopies across the driveway from the vendors

m715mike

Unfortunately I can’t attend the rally this year.

I just cancelled my reservation for Cabin 818. I had it reserved for October 5-8. So it should be up for grabs if someone were to call soon.

I will live vicariously through those that attend and am looking forward to stories and pictures!

BGR

I just cancelled my reservation for Cabin 818. I had it reserved for October 5-8. So it should be up for grabs if someone were to call soon.

I will live vicariously through those that attend and am looking forward to stories and pictures!
We were able to lock it in. Thanks for the heads up.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

So whats so important that you and Tx30cal cant come see us this year ???? Yall in some kinda trouble ??? We ll come a runnin if ya need us ! What do you want me to tell Diamond and Mercedes and Candy will be devastated your not gona be here!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks