• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The official 2023 Southeast Military Vehicle Rally information thread (the event formerly known as the Georgia Rally).

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If were going to make this a TOP OF THE LINE rally when and who or how do we start bringing in cook camps / folks that know how to feed groups ! I read these other rallies pages with folks cooking on site and some trash barrels / at least a port-alet in the vendors area . Windrock probably have this stuff sitting around if we ask for it !

Does anyone coming have a DEFIBRILLATOR and a GOOD first aid kit cause it would take a few to get 911 on the property ???? EPIPEN / NARCAN / cause things happen no matter where your at ! Maybe even some QUICKCLOT or tampons in case somebody gets gets mad !

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chucky, I have 'those things', but I'm not sure I'm coming, at least not yet. AED is on the third set of batteries. Epipen is old, but the liquid is clear (if cloudy it is bad). QuikClot, SAM splints, CAT tourniquets, EMT shears, Pulse Oximeters, BP cuff, Hyfin chest seals, even hazardous waste bags.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chucky, I have 'those things', but I'm not sure I'm coming, at least not yet. AED is on the third set of batteries. Epipen is old, but the liquid is clear (if cloudy it is bad). QuikClot, SAM splints, CAT tourniquets, EMT shears, Pulse Oximeters, BP cuff, Hyfin chest seals, even hazardous waste bags.
You might as well just come on ! Your just 4 hrs away you can meet up with Mullaney at ashville and run with him to Windrock and Wheel spinners in SC . and i think he said he was coming !

And ive found if you tell the patient your gona have to give them mouth to mouth they seem to pull out of what ever it was ailing them and the HINDLICK maneuver will make em spit out whatever theyre chocked on every time so woe be unto you if you come up lame at the rally cuz we got SKILLZdownload.jpg

Last edited:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why do I feel like Im being set up...
Last year his cabin was lets say OCCUPIED by OTHERS ! And no ones stayed there since ! Cabin 818 !!!!! Dark apparitions are still seen roaming in the cabin at night ! Its not that he cant come this year its that he will not set foot back in CABIN 818 ever again ! TX30CAL and his daughter shared the cabin with m715MIKE last year and at 3 am both nights they were there TX30 woke up hovering 3 foot above his mattress ! I dont expect to see them either this year ! And each morning when they awoke they would find their luggage sitting packed on the front porch with the cabin door still locked from the inside ! But i feel sure you will be fine !

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like we will have 4 available bunks for the rally in WIndrock Creek side.

Any one interested drop me a PM, deal is 4 nights, 2 real meals a day and trail lunch.
We split costs (food and lodging) among the group.

It is TIME...

LanceRobson

I forgot to add that I have a rough terrain 8 person carry 'stretcher' that has two handholds for each of the rescuers. And it will hold up to 400 pounds with the patient strapped in. All part of being the 'Medic' on my church's chainsaw team.
Knowing this crew, one concern I have is whether the two guys at the front of that stretcher could go around the same side of a tree more that one time in three......

I live far enough from the fire station that I respond directly to fire, rescue and medical calls so I have a medical/trauma bag, airway bag and AED in my POV along with all the usual meds but as the event is sandwiched between a backpacking trip and a camping trip we scheduled a long time ago (with only two days home between them) I won't me making it this time.

I wish you all a great weekend.

Lance

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately unless something miraculous happens I will not be able to make it this year due to a broken ankle. This will be my first rally I missed since 2007 or 2008.

I just had my surgery August 22nd and my first doctor visit was last Thursday and he said I will have about six weeks; October, 19th before I can start trying to come out of the leg boot I'm wearing and start therapy. Unfortunately it was the right leg that I messed up so even if I wanted to I couldn't drive.

I hope everybody has a awesome great time I know it'll be tough without me there. :0)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks