• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The SS Minow is recovered.

2002ford

Well, I picked up a 1990 k3500 from Bella Chase today. The troops there are great. They helped me load it with a fork lift. The downside is that its from the Katrina flood. I knew it was flood damaged but I wouldnt of thought from Katrina. Its kinda crusty rusty but I hope the axles are good. I will go through them and install them on my m1009. Pics will follow when I get home. We made a mini vacation out of this so we could check out New Orleans. :grin:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, 1800 mile trip for a pair of axles full of salt water for 7 years. Hope I am wrong.

2002ford

Well I was hoping it wasnt from Katrina. Everyone around my area wants 1500 to 2000 for the front axle alone. I got this for $340.00 plus fuel. We also made it into a vacotion which is priseless. Lol. I am Hoping to pick up a rust free roof from Csmdavis if I can reach him. If anything I can scrap/part out this truck for a little cash. The bed is solid plus other odds and ends. Its been a fun road trip anyway.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i bet the axles are ok. sealed up im thinking they will not have any damage. the brake sections will be toast . might have to cut them away. the cab is toast as well. not even the wiring will be any good. same for engine and trans. but that is a great way to see some country that you havent seen yet[thumbzup]

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks a lot better than I would expect underneath. For the experience of driving down there it was probably worth it.

Was there still a lot of damage along the interstate south of Meridian?

poppop

I have a one ton Chevy I bought at Fort Stewart that has that 3+3 on it. I am not sure what it means but figured it had something to do with crew cab and 4 wheel drive.

3dAngus

Readers,...FYI, Belle Chasse is in LA and is just outside of New Orleans by about ten miles from downtown.

It is a Naval Air Station.
I had to look it up.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The front clip is a high demand item. Guys with the earlier single headlight setup want to upgrade to the quad headlights.

www.coloradok5.com is a great place to unload some parts.

So what did you do for a key? Pull the steering wheel?

Great price on the truck and even a greater adventure/vacation on the recovery. Nice to combine the two.

Last edited:

Varyag

There is a little of a run on box body chevy parts right now because they were all sent to the crusher when scrap spiked. There isn't a single one here in the salvage yards. I would deffinatly post on colorado K5 with the truck. You may find guys asking for parts that you didn't even think about. Especially with such a strait body.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Joe, At least I got my PM in about the hubcaps before you posted. 3+3 was used for the crew cabs and bonus cab for the 4 door trucks ordered without the back seat. Lots on conversion crew cabs have the bonus cab emblems.