• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The SS Minow is recovered.

2002ford

Well, I picked up a 1990 k3500 from Bella Chase today. The troops there are great. They helped me load it with a fork lift. The downside is that its from the Katrina flood. I knew it was flood damaged but I wouldnt of thought from Katrina. Its kinda crusty rusty but I hope the axles are good. I will go through them and install them on my m1009. Pics will follow when I get home. We made a mini vacation out of this so we could check out New Orleans. :grin:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, 1800 mile trip for a pair of axles full of salt water for 7 years. Hope I am wrong.

2002ford

Well I was hoping it wasnt from Katrina. Everyone around my area wants 1500 to 2000 for the front axle alone. I got this for $340.00 plus fuel. We also made it into a vacotion which is priseless. Lol. I am Hoping to pick up a rust free roof from Csmdavis if I can reach him. If anything I can scrap/part out this truck for a little cash. The bed is solid plus other odds and ends. Its been a fun road trip anyway.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i bet the axles are ok. sealed up im thinking they will not have any damage. the brake sections will be toast . might have to cut them away. the cab is toast as well. not even the wiring will be any good. same for engine and trans. but that is a great way to see some country that you havent seen yet[thumbzup]

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks a lot better than I would expect underneath. For the experience of driving down there it was probably worth it.

Was there still a lot of damage along the interstate south of Meridian?

poppop

I have a one ton Chevy I bought at Fort Stewart that has that 3+3 on it. I am not sure what it means but figured it had something to do with crew cab and 4 wheel drive.

3dAngus

Readers,...FYI, Belle Chasse is in LA and is just outside of New Orleans by about ten miles from downtown.

It is a Naval Air Station.
I had to look it up.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The front clip is a high demand item. Guys with the earlier single headlight setup want to upgrade to the quad headlights.

www.coloradok5.com is a great place to unload some parts.

So what did you do for a key? Pull the steering wheel?

Great price on the truck and even a greater adventure/vacation on the recovery. Nice to combine the two.

Last edited:

Varyag

There is a little of a run on box body chevy parts right now because they were all sent to the crusher when scrap spiked. There isn't a single one here in the salvage yards. I would deffinatly post on colorado K5 with the truck. You may find guys asking for parts that you didn't even think about. Especially with such a strait body.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Joe, At least I got my PM in about the hubcaps before you posted. 3+3 was used for the crew cabs and bonus cab for the 4 door trucks ordered without the back seat. Lots on conversion crew cabs have the bonus cab emblems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks