• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The wheels are turnin, Recovery time

Well, as of 10am today, I will have the rest of my deuce money (and on a side note, repair money for my bronco the insurance company is trying to total). Leaving tomorrow night for jersey and I'll be bringing the hold girl home Sunday afternoon, hopefully lots of pictures to follow as I'll have a buddy riding back with me and 2 in the chase/blocker S10 (need someone to get mensome room on those NJ highways back to DE)

James

That's the big one i cant wait for, pushing that little red button and hearing her roar to life (again :D )

While im at it, I'm not near my home PC with my TM, which one has instructions for installing the winter fronts? I'm bringing the 2 nickd gave me (thanks again btw nick!) last week in case she's running a bit cold before we make the long leg home. If anyone knows the area we'll be stopping at the Ark for lunch on the way back so it's a good checkpoint

rlwm211

The winter front is pretty much self explanatory as to how to attach it to the truck.

You do have to unlatch the side hood hold downs to snake them throughh the hole in the cover that are there for them. You want to get both through before lacing and tightening any of the other ties. Don't forget to hook the hold downs when you are done...

I would run with the flap open until you know you need the extra heat. Better to run cool a bit longer than to run hot and possibly hurt something on the road.

As with any thing you change, watch the gauges for a while until you know what is going on for sure.

RL

Last edited:
Okay, slight change in plans, picked up my money today (was praying the check would clear in time and it did) chase/blocker vehicle has my tool box and jack in it, hope I don't need it. Got lady luck, my cross, and my g/f off of the visor of my totaled bronco. About to head to bed and hitting wal-mart in the morning for a rag, rainx antifog, extra oil and coolant, and some diesel conditioner. Hoping for a good trip home

I got lucky because earlier in the week I deposited 900 in cash, so they said even though the check I put in Friday won't be cleared, the money will be available. Right now were making a few more checks, heading for wal-mart, grabbing my co-driver, and heading out.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be safe! Check your brake fluid too. Winter fronts require a bunch of little doodads attached to hold the cover in place. For a quicker recovery I (operative word here) would go the cardboard and wire tie route just to get it home. I suppose one could wire tie the canvas winter front as well and do the correct install at your AO.

Well, didn't need the winter front, was decently warm, had about 180 on the thermostat, brakes were good, took me a bit to get used to down shifting when I needed to, but I had slot of highway to work on it. Ran about 45-50 mph the whole way home, max rpm at 50 was 2100. Still getting used to first, but she does good. After picking her up we stopped in little egg harbor to see an old Sea Bee, he liked seeing the old deuce again, and his wife said about me pulling up "I was sitting at the computer and all of a sudden it sounded like an airplane was landing outside the house!" gotta love that whistler!

Then after getting over the Delaware memorial bridge, the blocker beaded home and I stopped to take my g/f for a quick spin and then went to remdevouz with the blocker and transfer all my stuff to the bed...... And found out the parking brake loosened up, so for right now I have a cinderblock between the duals, adjusting it today at lunch as I drove her up to school today. Made very good time as well, about 1 hr from hockessin to exton, average speed of 35-40 mph.

My name Is James, and I am an addict :cool: :driver:

Oh, sorry for no pics, we couldn't get a camera, so I'll post some from my school parking lot tonight

gunboy1656

I heard the story of a soldier who trusted the parking brake on a truck. The brake let loose and it ran down a hill and through a picnic pavilion. Luckily there was nobody having a picnic there that day.

Will do HS, already have a small list going, re adjust parking brake, add second jam nut, new negative terminal (with screw out key), make a spare key for my steering wheel lock, I got 2 with it from George, but one is for another lock, and service the passenger side air wiper, it has a very short span of movement and moves like the devils after it while the drivers operates normally.

Then once I'm good and rolling with a steady job and have spare monies, I'll do a full fluid and filter change ove the course of a few days (brake fluid will either not be done, or I'll wait for warmer weather, I like the cold allot, but I still rush just a bit when cold)

Had a whole crowd of people around the truck today on first brake at school, usual questions, where, why, how much, how big, and so on and so forth

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks