• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The wheels are turnin, Recovery time

Thank God! I have an employee who graduated from UTI and he should go and ask for a refund! He doesn't know anything! Wasted $35k:drool::cookoo:
Yeah, I know quite a few of those, I also learned that you should ask them what they're doing when they want to borrow a tool, apparently UTI doesn't teach students that chrome sockets go BOOM on impact guns, I made him buy me a new socket aua

Although they have the better equipment, it's all for show from what I hear, brand new vehicles, half vehicles, engines and such. But the instructor shows them what to do and they take notes, they don't turn the wrench.

Last edited:

DieselBob

Glad to hear you had a uneventful recovery. It's been said a million times before but keep a close eye on the brake fluid level in the master cylinder and check around the wheel cylinder area frequently for signs of leaking. Be safe and have fun.

I was under there last night adding an extra nut on to the parking brake adjuster rod. No leaks, but...... It looked a tad wet on the underside of the IP..... Gonna wipe it off today and see what happens

shenkmen

I have a deuce from the same guy. The bottom of my IP was wet as well. It was leaking from the bolt in the center of the Hydraulic Head and both 7/16 nuts on the fuel pump below the Hydraulic head were loose.

After I determined the bolt in the center was the cause I cleaned the head very well, removed the bolt, cleaned the bolt and then installed the bolt and torqued to 52 ft lbs.

The above was accomplished with the help of SS - http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/61448-fuel-leak-hydraulic-head-help.html

Oh really? Well like I said, I'm going to clean the whole IP off and check for the leak area over about 2 days. George also mentioned all his p-brakes had the issue of backing off, simple issue of adding a lock nut to the threaded rod on the adjuster. Thanks shenkmen, send me a PM and maybe we can cruise somtime