• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The "While you're in there thread"

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are further ahead than me...
I would only touch the IP to bypass the FDC and adjust droop screw and fuel delivery. I would replace the oil supply and oil return hoses for the IP. Otherwise, I'd leave it alone, unless there are issues.

The King Machine

Yes I've done the FDC bypass, I was going to leave it at that but the thing that bothers me is the fact my truck was making oil before I got to work on it. I have eliminated every other source that could have caused it, but I know the IP can also pass fuel into the oil. The only other symptom the truck had was on rare occasions after I the shut the truck off and try and restart it 20 or 30 min later it would take off into full throttle for a few seconds then return to a normal idle. In the 4 years I've owned the truck, it has over revved on start up 3 times.

So I'm just not sure what to do, I don't wan to button the truck back up only to find there is a problem with the IP.

rustystud

Yes I've done the FDC bypass, I was going to leave it at that but the thing that bothers me is the fact my truck was making oil before I got to work on it. I have eliminated every other source that could have caused it, but I know the IP can also pass fuel into the oil. The only other symptom the truck had was on rare occasions after I the shut the truck off and try and restart it 20 or 30 min later it would take off into full throttle for a few seconds then return to a normal idle. In the 4 years I've owned the truck, it has over revved on start up 3 times.

So I'm just not sure what to do, I don't wan to button the truck back up only to find there is a problem with the IP.
I would at least replace the 'O' rings on the Hydraulic Head . There are other 'O' rings that can cause fuel leaking into the engine (booster pump) but they are the major culprits.

The King Machine

This was a success!

I just want to say thank you to everyone who put in the effort to help me out. I'm new to this but am eager to learn. Without SteelSoldiers I would have been flying blind, tapping into the endless wealth of experience helped me greatly.

The truck shifts nice, the air shift works great, and the motor runs smooth. Lots of extra power.

I still have a few things to take care of this weekend.
Installation of my new parking brake cable and tracking down a slight vibration in the drive line. I noticed it right away, at about the 1500-1800 RPM range she vibrates a bit then smooth's out. I changed a lot and had all the drive shafts out so I'll run through some trouble shooting exercises to try and figure out where its coming from. Feels like its right under the drivers seat.

rustystud

This was a success!

I just want to say thank you to everyone who put in the effort to help me out. I'm new to this but am eager to learn. Without SteelSoldiers I would have been flying blind, tapping into the endless wealth of experience helped me greatly.

The truck shifts nice, the air shift works great, and the motor runs smooth. Lots of extra power.

I still have a few things to take care of this weekend.
Installation of my new parking brake cable and tracking down a slight vibration in the drive line. I noticed it right away, at about the 1500-1800 RPM range she vibrates a bit then smooth's out. I changed a lot and had all the drive shafts out so I'll run through some trouble shooting exercises to try and figure out where its coming from. Feels like its right under the drivers seat.
Check your driveline bolts. They come loose on a regular basis .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks