• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Think I can fit these???

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Here are some pics that were posted on pirate 4x4.

This thing needs to be saved.

The guy that owns it is in his 90's and is being taken care of by his daughter.

When he passes this machine may be sent to the scrapper.

It is in much better shape than the one I saw in Arizona.

I dont' know what kind of logistics it would take to get it back the the lower 48 but it would be worthwhile endeavor in my book.

Last edited:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are some pics that were posted on pirate 4x4.

This thing needs to be saved.

The guy that owns it is in his 90's and is being taken care of by his daughter.

When he passes this machine may be sent to the scrapper.

It is in much better shape than the one I saw in Arizona.

I dont' know what kind of logistics it would take to get it back the the lower 48 but it would be worthwhile endeavor in my book.
Here are a couple more pics I had saved. It appears the one I posted previously in operating condition is the one in a couple your pics and some of my later ones. Weeds aren't as high though!

Attachments

GottaHaveOne

I think I found the next set of tires that I want to put on my deuce today. Not sure if I will have to lift it or not to make them fit......:wink:
Is the BARC at the transportation museum at Ft Eustis? Its been over 30 years since I have been there, my dad was stationed there in the mid 70's. Every thing looked BIG when I was 6, but i remember seeing the BARC or a LARC, and actully being able to go into them. I also remember a deep sea rescue boat, the boat was not all that big, but the ballists(incorrect spelling) were HUGE, it had its own trailer and the boat sat way up on the top.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, that Land Train needs to be saved. Perhaps someone here who has a contact in the military might be able to arrange an acquisition for some Army museum? It would be a shame for that to be lost to history....

dc3coyote

I can come up with 5K for the land train, maybe sell the Pinz to cover the rest, huhm now for shipping...
If anyones is near by, drop in and take a look at it. maybe feel around for a asking price... Oh and this would have to be preserved, and made to run. Its too rare to be a static display.

Last edited:

TenTires

Is the BARC at the transportation museum at Ft Eustis? Its been over 30 years since I have been there, my dad was stationed there in the mid 70's. Every thing looked BIG when I was 6, but i remember seeing the BARC or a LARC, and actully being able to go into them. I also remember a deep sea rescue boat, the boat was not all that big, but the ballists(incorrect spelling) were HUGE, it had its own trailer and the boat sat way up on the top.
Yep, Ft. Eustis is correct! They do really have some neat stuff there. I wish I had a ton of money that I could dump into some of that stuff to keep it "alive" you know...Ive got a lot of pics from there the other day. Ill post them as soon as I go back and take pics of the rest of the stuff.

TenTires

I can come up with 5K for the land train, maybe sell the Pinz to cover the rest, huhm now for shipping...
If anyones is near by, drop in and take a look at it. maybe feel around for a asking price... Oh and this would have to be preserved, and made to run. Its too rare to be a static display.
agreed...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks