• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

thinking about doing black white and grey camo

twa@ezdn.net

I could never do it but I am also glad everyone is not like me. Get some spray cans and paint a section and see if you can live with it, if not look for a TM and follow :p

ryan77

How about desert camo?? Do what you want its your rig!! I like only what is regulation but thats my opinion! But Opinions are like A$$Holes every one has one!!!!2cents:beer:

ODdave

I love the artic / urban camo. The few i have seen i really liked, I am definatly a thumbs up. I would love to do it to one of mine but no time. Have to keep the same pattern though.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I think you would do better with the white or grey as a base from a paint coverage point of view.

jdeoliveira74

ok will do! will see gonna be a bit still have to finish taking apart my civi blazer
gonna pull the tilt steering and windshield. Rear window and the top from it then work on paint sceme

scrambled

I have a bunch of paint sitting in the garage just waiting to paint my 1008. I am going with white, gray, and black in the same pattern as the woodland that is currently on the truck.

If it ever cools down a notch, I can get spraying.

nattieleather

How about doing an uban digital cammo. You would have to possible work the details out in photoshop but I think it would look cool! I've often wondered how a tiger strip pattern would look on an MV. Kinda of like the Airforce's ABUs.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ted Nugent cornered the market on the zebra camo look. I have seen Ted's Ford Bronco and most of his friends trucks are all white and only the tailgate has the black and white zebra stripes.

From my perspective, in my opinion, 383 green is all anyone needs. Why stand out more than you already do in a MV. To be noticed by any rookie cop looking for something to do.

I was in Lansing a few weeks ago. We went to The Knight Cap for a bite to eat. Had a good time and when I went to leave there were 3 cop cars blocking my M1028 from leaving.

They had the doors open and searching my truck. I walked up and asked for their warrant and why the search. They said my truck looked suspicious. I demanded to talk to the shift Sargent and he was there in 5 minutes. I asked him whats going on. He said a new rookie called in a suspicious vehicle report. I asked what was suspicious........?

He said "A MILITARY TRUCK PARKED IN DOWN TOWN AT NIGHT WITH A CIVI PLATE".

I took the card and sent in a narrative to my lawyer the next day. Point being, cool idea but you have to live with the look. 2cents

Attachments

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh man, I would have flipped my lid. Good job on taking it to through the proper channels and not getting put in jail for something silly like disturbing the peace.

jsthnt@gmail.com

I too like the winter camo. I did not paint mine and it is anything but spec. It is black white and silver. I like mine, it should have been put on thicker. I could not match the pattern to repaint mine so I do not no if I will do anything to it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks