• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Third's Build Discussion

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice rig. I had an 18' 1973 Winnie Brave. Loved to camp with that thing (surf contests, skiing in CO, etc). Only thing that sucked was dealing with dump stations. I even put in access to the sewer next to the driveway at the house, but I still hated dealing with shit.

The Laveo is just so simple (like taking out a bag of trash). No mess, no gloves, no hoses.....
30 something years i might have hooked that hose up twice i just dont do the doo i will hit the dump switch is as close as im going to get to to that hole process theres to many dark ramps that need fertilizing at night !

Rhino 5/4

Originally I was going to have the shower/toilet all in one closet.. But the toilet I will be installing is electric and doesn't like getting wet. i pondered a few ways to incorporate the slide into the shower wall, but since I had plenty of space on the other wall below the hanging closet, I just relocated it.

No holding tank, water, or plumbing required. It's a glorified camping toilet, honestly. By all accounts, no smell (which I know a lot of compost triolets claim but I can smell them on the rigs and sailboats that I've toured). And it's no more expensive than the highend compost toilets. It does require refill cartridge's but it comes out to about .50 cents per crap. Well worth it to not have to deal with smell, no stirring shit (I do enough of that on the Internet), no dump stations, etc. When it's full you just drop the bag in a trashcan outside Chucky's camper and off you go.

;)

I must investigate further. We still using the paint bucket and kitty litter HA!

Rhino 5/4

Originally I was going to have the shower/toilet all in one closet.. But the toilet I will be installing is electric and doesn't like getting wet. i pondered a few ways to incorporate the slide into the shower wall, but since I had plenty of space on the other wall below the hanging closet, I just relocated it.

No holding tank, water, or plumbing required. It's a glorified camping toilet, honestly. By all accounts, no smell (which I know a lot of compost triolets claim but I can smell them on the rigs and sailboats that I've toured). And it's no more expensive than the highend compost toilets. It does require refill cartridge's but it comes out to about .50 cents per crap. Well worth it to not have to deal with smell, no stirring shit (I do enough of that on the Internet), no dump stations, etc. When it's full you just drop the bag in a trashcan outside Chucky's camper and off you go.

;)

What the heck!!!! I just watched the vid. What happens if you got low hanging fruit???? That looks scary.

coachgeo

I dont know anything about those we used 60 gallon stainless then went to bigger polytanks for the shower/principle bus and we Never had anywhere to dump but get-on or get -off ramps of the interstate at 3 or 4 in the morning (DUMP & DASH) and i only had to hit the rocker switch on the dash for the 12volt dump valve no hoses or any of that B.S.
for future reference every state park with rv camping in the nation has a dump station. Also most every city's/county's Central Waste Treatment location has a dump station too.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Facings all done. Tomorrow my latches should arrive and I'll make the actual drawers.

View attachment 862683
Is it just me ? Or does this look like you are discriminating against wide butted women using your commode ? BRAVO !!!!! My sliding bathroom door just opens 20 in to repel fat girls from getting in there and having a cat in my commode and stopping it up !!!! EXCUSE ME THERES SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR COMMODE ! will not be utterd in chuckys playhouse! I might put shear pins on the staircase just to be safe !

Rhino 5/4

Is it just me ? Or does this look like you are discriminating against wide butted women using your commode ? BRAVO !!!!! My sliding bathroom door just opens 20 in to repel fat girls from getting in there and having a cat in my commode and stopping it up !!!! EXCUSE ME THERES SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR COMMODE ! will not be utterd in chuckys playhouse! I might put shear pins on the staircase just to be safe !
I think he said it pulls out. Presumably for the colder evenings with warm and fluffy bed partners. I too have strict guidlines. you must first be able to climb in on your own and if the pre set seatbelt doesnt fasten without cutting off the circulation to lower extremities you are more than welcome to ride along. Being able to eat corn on the cob and whole apples is always a plus as well, which played into the first question I would ask to the female chinamask wearer with the seductive eyes.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think he said it pulls out. Presumably for the colder evenings with warm and fluffy bed partners. I too have strict guidlines. you must first be able to climb in on your own and if the pre set seatbelt doesnt fasten without cutting off the circulation to lower extremities you are more than welcome to ride along. Being able to eat corn on the cob and whole apples is always a plus as well, which played into the first question I would ask to the female chinamask wearer with the seductive eyes.
Youve got to draw the line somewhere ! Its a jungle out there anyways without a big ol hostile fat girl hung in the bathroom door facing huffin and puffin and the sound of wood tearing like a big ol bull in a squeeze shute ! I had one get hung in a school bus build i did years ago . I thought she was going to turn the bus over i had to lite her up with my HOTSHOT cattle prod get her unstuck i lost a really good awning that afternoon she was so mad i had to drive off with the awning still rolled out and a good webber grill but it wasnt worth it to go back she was pawing the ground and having a fit so i put a few state lines between me and ol BLUEBELL she was a hell of a girl on a cold winters night !

Rhino 5/4

Youve got to draw the line somewhere ! Its a jungle out there anyways without a big ol hostile fat girl hung in the bathroom door facing huffin and puffin and the sound of wood tearing like a big ol bull in a squeeze shute ! I had one get hung in a school bus build i did years ago . I thought she was going to turn the bus over i had to lite her up with my HOTSHOT cattle prod get her unstuck i lost a really good awning that afternoon she was so mad i had to drive off with the awning still rolled out and a good webber grill but it wasnt worth it to go back she was pawing the ground and having a fit so i put a few state lines between me and ol BLUEBELL she was a hell of a girl on a cold winters night !
Agreed

Third From Texas

Correct, it slides out.

I looked at a lot of various installs that people had done. Ambo conversions, adventure trucks, etc. The M1079 box is only 12.5" and I didn't really want to dedicate 48" x 48" just so I'd have plenty of elbow room to wipe my arse. Doing it this way it stows in the most minimal amount of space, but when in use it's in the wide open. Everything else that I either came up with as a solution or that I really liked from other builds simply took up too much space for something that won't see much use during the day (I pee outside so it's just for crappin').

Funny thing. is, a buddy of mine camps at the beach almost every weekend. They have massive bon fires with a DJ, etc. His biggest complaint is that chicks ALWAYS want to use his toilet. It got to the point that he started telling them "it's broken". My plan is to hide it well enough I can say "I don't have one". But I might install a set of motorcycle handlebars on the side of the trailer for the ladies (hang on and squat) *another biker buddy of mine throws a lot of parties in his backyard and we sett out a fire hydrant for the men and hung a set of handle bars on the fence for the ladies.

As far a fat chicks go....

Third From Texas

I learned this week that building a set of chester drawers is easy.

Installing the slides is a ^&%$$$# pain in the %#*&.

Two all meshed pretty well with only minor adjustments. But one gave me fits and the other will require a sledge hammer to close (doubtful it will ever open without a set of hydraulic rams).

I lost daylight before I could see where it's binding up. I see a lot of plaining and router work in my future.

I should have taken shop class instead of ditching to go surf as a kid...

LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks