• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Throttle cable and foot pedal

joeyaguirre21

I have a 84 cucv. Throttle cable is not right the pedal sits half way down than where it should be and I think thats why I'm not getting the power I need. I have a couple pics of how the cable is and pedal is and a pic of where the pedal should be. Also on the IP has to nipples where you can hook up the throttle cable but it can only go on one because the other one is designed for a different cable I'm guessing I also have a pic of that. I switch the throttle cable from the first nipple where it should be to the one in the back and the peddle comes up where it should be but I can't leave it there since it doesn't allow me to put the clip so the cable won't come off.

Attachments

joeyaguirre21

The first pic is where the peddle is at and the second is where it should be. The third pic is how much the cable is out from the peddle and thats why the peddle is half way to the floor board. The last pic is the two nipples I was talking about on the IP. Help please

tobyS

foot pedal

Here is a foot pedal I took off of the unit in the 2nd photo (which is hydraulic fail safe 2 circuit), just in case you want a heavy truck pedal that works really well for mounting a cable end.

Attachments

Last edited:

cpf240

Maybe your truck was one of the motor pool training vehicles for new privates? :)

Seriously, finding the proper cable has been an issue for many... the lengths of the aftermarket cables seem to vary, even though they 'fit the application'...

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take the throttle peddle and arm off and bend it in a vise. I added floor covering and then a thick rubber mat and I have the same issue. I decided as I get older I don't have to go as fast anymore so I left mine alone.

Barrman

Is the engine by chance a HMMWV pull out? Those engines have a different throttle cable bracket on the engine. I think the bend the arm idea is your best fix for now though.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The correct GM throttle cable is almost impossible to find.

Many on here have had issues with the aftermarket cables not fitting correctly.

Either tweak it as mentioned or go to a salvage yard for a used one.

Keep looking for a NOS GM one.
Their out there. I found some and bought three a few months back.

SS member SWISS had some for sale a couple of weeks ago I think.
Not cheap but correct cable.

Kaiser67M715

Two scenarios come to mind-have you verified full throttle operation?have the wife/girl/joe smo hold the pedal to the metal and try to rotate the throttle on the injection pump more.

Either that it's an old cable that is stretched and about to break...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks