• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Time to dust off your credit cards!!!

mikew

A bunch of them have the GL "sticker" on them and I was told would be up for auction the end of this week or early next week.

Mike W

dittle

That looks like the mega sale they had out of Camp Dodge at the end of 2008/beginning of 2009. I think it was 2 sales with at least 60 trucks per sale.

TIGERFANS2

How does this GL thing work is there a Sight on internet these trucks are listed and you can bid?:!::?:

No, there is no site. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Move along, nothing to see.
They're mine I say! ALL MINE!

ok....... look at the left of your screen, Government Liquidation is always there :wink:

wiggall

When we got THE BEAUTIFUL BEAST in 08 at Ft. Lewis, Wa. there was a string of 20+ thucks for four auction in a row! But now there is one or two one in a BLUE MOON that was DRUGED in from GOD KNOWS WHERE:cry:

kurtkds

When we got THE BEAUTIFUL BEAST in 08 at Ft. Lewis, Wa. there was a string of 20+ thucks for four auction in a row! But now there is one or two one in a BLUE MOON that was DRUGED in from GOD KNOWS WHERE:cry:

I was in on that sale too, got a good truck at a good price. But now you better watchout. I'd like to see a sale like that around here again.

neil2007

So HOW DOES this GL thing work? Are the prices actually what the latest bid that is shown? Are there any other stipulation or costs that you have to meet? Do they typically have to be towed off base or can they be driven (if driveable)?

I've been curious as to what kind of deals that you can get from GL, are they as good as they seem?

Anything someone should know before going this route?

I've noticed about 6 816's 5 ton wreckers that are coming up for auction this next week at Crane (Indiana)...

(I'm not in a position to take advantage of this just yet, but I'm sure there are others out here who would like to hear some feedback on the GL purchases that other members have made...)

Thanks for any feedback!

Neil

velociT

So HOW DOES this GL thing work? Are the prices actually what the latest bid that is shown? Are there any other stipulation or costs that you have to meet? Do they typically have to be towed off base or can they be driven (if driveable)?

I've been curious as to what kind of deals that you can get from GL, are they as good as they seem?

I've noticed about 6 816's 5 ton wreckers that are coming up for auction this next week at Crane (Indiana)...

(I'm not in a position to take advantage of this just yet, but I'm sure there are others out here who would like to hear some feedback on the GL purchases that other members have made...)

Thanks for any feedback!

Neil
The $150 is just the starting bid.

Most auctions are 4 days.

If you win, you'll have to submit a EUC.

Since you'll be a first-time buyer, it'll take around 70 days to get approved.

Once approved you can remove your truck by driving it with tags & insurance or just have it trailered.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Thanks for any feedback!

Neil
I heavily suggest using the search function on "GL auctions" on this site. You never know what you'll get and I mean it. I've read some truly horrifying stories and then some diamonds in the rough of course, but be prepared for anything. But its basically an open auction for a mystery item that you usually have to jump through hoops to get if able, but who else sells deuces like this?

When it comes to bid prices, it can vary depending where you are and server issues. Weve seen it before. For costs theres always the auction cost, SF-97 if needed cost, sales tax usually, then to ship it off and yeah...always a few unforseen things in the mix to keep it lively. :smile: But when its over you'll love every second of your new "toy".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks