• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tiny House On A Steel Soldier “Redux” Expedition Build

Yea that contrast between raw/patina steel vrs wood is so cool. You don’t see that look anymore like in the old days, but you just feel right when the fabricator pulls it off. Its sad that everybody wants to hide thier metal framing like its a red headed step child.
I was planning on doing a black antique patina on all visable frame pieces hopefully paying respect to great metal work of the past. I’m currently experimenting with boiled linseed oil heated on finnish vrs a cold chemical reaction patina.

Last edited:
Upper cabinets

Had a great day roughing in the rest of the upper cabinets from the back row all the way around to the shower. Wife gave a thumbs up for all the storage I was making. Being unorganized made things real tough on the first trip, with storage being created 360 degrees around i feel life on the road will be smoother.

Attachments

Last edited:

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great. I think your going to need a bigger box on that thing. Where you going to sleep?

Looks great. I think your going to need a bigger box on that thing. Where you going to sleep?
I worked really hard on bed design. With out a drawing I will try to explain the layout. The bottom lounge couch with the help of the dinette table lowering to bench seat grade will create one half of a queen bed setup. With the help of a extremely stout shelve on a 500 pound rated drawer sides will be pulled out from under the sink/garbage disposal. This shelf will finish the other half of the queen bed with the back pillows of the lounge. Behind the lounge (holding lounge pillows at a slight angle will be Alayah’s bed frame the will pivot up attaching to the counter top grade and the opposite wall. Her bed frame will expand on a aluminum slat system allowing her to have a exceptable width to put down a comfortable REI styled blow up camping mattress. The smaller kids will have a clip in mountain rock climbing style hammock with minimalist mattress pad attached to the drivers side upper cabinets but hanging a bit lower. All kids beds being able to be quickly stowed away in the morning.
It’s basically the same sleeping setup from before but extremely refined, allowing more useable space during the day.

Last edited:

snowtrac nome

I have a mp 210 dual voltage Lincoln. had I not borrowed one from a buddy you could have never convinced me to buy one. on 240 volts it will weld up to 5/16 steel with 035 solid with gas and when burning 7018 wth the inverter technology the stick welds are un equaled. For what I use it for which is a traveling welder I can plug in any place it works great if I have to burn something thick like a bucket lip I still revert back to the old engine driven welders.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe New England in the fall for awesome foliage color. Then Washington DC for the monuments. That's my neck of the woods as I grew up in Fairfax. Work there now but live outside the beltway. More bang for the buck out here you just pay the price with the commute.

https://www.overlandexpo.com/east/
There are several of us in the DC Metro area to welcome you if you and the family make it out hear Brandon.

Bulldogger

Since no CAD I must compliment your math skills are amazing, not many can imagine as realistic...

Good work.
I learned CAD years ago and I will use it if I have to explain a idea to a client or coworkers, but when doing work for myself I feel its a extra step that burns up valuable time. I don’t see the difference of building in the virtual world vs real. It takes a lot of time to fabricate a idea in CAD. But when trying to convey a creative idea, CAD is a must. If your working with others on a project you can’t work without CAD/Visual Art Apps its a great visual tool to communicate.

There are several of us in the DC Metro area to welcome you if you and the family make it out hear Brandon.

Bulldogger
Thanks for the invitation!! The whole reason the family is backing me on my Military truck projects is so we have the freedom to cross the country to meet good folks such as yourselves. We would be greatly honored to have that opportunity.

I have a mp 210 dual voltage Lincoln. had I not borrowed one from a buddy you could have never convinced me to buy one. on 240 volts it will weld up to 5/16 steel with 035 solid with gas and when burning 7018 wth the inverter technology the stick welds are un equaled. For what I use it for which is a traveling welder I can plug in any place it works great if I have to burn something thick like a bucket lip I still revert back to the old engine driven welders.
It was a toss up for me between the MP 210 vs the Multimatic 200. I guess what sold me is I met a high end welder on our trip that welds some of the most complex visual welds I have ever seen. He has all the differnt types of welders in his shop, and his everyday go to was the Miller 200. The Bernard Gun and the rest of the package was just well designed and implemented. More expensive hurting my wallet, but since I dont have MP 210 I will never know if it was worth it.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was a toss up for me between the MP 210 vs the Multimatic 200. I guess what sold me is I met a high end welder on our trip that welds some of the most complex visual welds I have ever seen. He has all the differnt types of welders in his shop, and his everyday go to was the Miller 200. The Bernard Gun and the rest of the package was just well designed and implemented. More expensive hurting my wallet, but since I dont have MP 210 I will never know if it was worth it.
I have to give props to 98G for introducing me to this welder. The pain of buying it and the full TIG setup, spool gun etc was substantial, but he was right. This thing is a monster.

It’s good to have friends who guide you in the right direction. Money well spent is never money wasted.

Buy once, cry once. I never regretted the money I spent on quality. Whether I could afford it at the time or not.

I have to give props to 98G for introducing me to this welder. The pain of buying it and the full TIG setup, spool gun etc was substantial, but he was right. This thing is a monster.

It’s good to have friends who guide you in the right direction. Money well spent is never money wasted.

Buy once, cry once. I never regretted the money I spent on quality. Whether I could afford it at the time or not.
It took me a few months to write that check for the Miller, but now I’m so happy I did.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks