• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tiny Tach is in!

dunedigger

There are a couple of studs on the intake that it will reach that are the same size as the factory end on the tiny tack. Mine seamed to reach the second one back better than the front one where the engine ground is.

Apoc Bane

So everyone is getting the standard Tiny Tach DTL? for around $99

How do you distinguish the old version with the 2.5 second refresh

vs

the new with the .5 second refresh?

Thanks

cucv1833

Ordered mine today:D

Plan on pulling the intrument cluster for clean up and fresh bulbs so while im in there i will install the tach next to the voltmeter.

jdeoliveira74

they are dakota digital not sure if they come in green!! expensive but functional for sure the big fuel gage moves to a small one and the tach replaces it sweet set up !

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't mean to knock this tach but I would rather mod the vacuum pump shaft and run a mechanical tach.

Has no one in the past thought of this ?

I run a Vertex Mag with a shaft drive tach on my M1028 that's where the thought came from.

And then there is always the tach stud on the back of the 100A alternators.
The HMMWV has what appears to be a tach drive instead of a vac pump. Do they have tachs?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another choice is an inductive pickup clamped to the alternator.

There is absolutely no reason to need a dead on , instant response tach in a CUCV.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
The HMMWV has what appears to be a tach drive instead of a vac pump. Do they have tachs?
It is a tach sensor, but it's just connected to the diagnostic connector for use by the STE/ICE-R equipment. There's no tach in the basic HMMWVs, at least in the first gen ones.

I have a tach gauge and mounting bracket that I got off eBay that's supposed to be for the HMMWV. I don't know which models used it, and I haven't tried installing it yet. For that matter, I don't know where it's supposed to get its rpm signal.

Bronx Boy

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for such an informative site. I've been lurking for about a year, grateful for your knowledge and expertise. It has been a source of inspiration and advise!

I will be posting pictures.

I am not a mechanic, so please bear with me on what is likely a very basic question.

I have looked in the TMs (and online) but did not find this info.

Please identify for me, the #1 fuel line so I can install the Tach.

I really like the indash installations. Nice work!

MANY THANKS!

dependable

I think you are referring to the injector line for the #1 cylinder (driver's side front). The Tiny Tach sender will probably work if clamped to any injector line, but you might as well follow the directions.

Pballer71

I installed the Tiny Tach about a week ago works great i love it but sometimes in the morning when its cold it will read Lo U does anyone know what that stands for?
Thank you

Lignite

power option for tiny tach

Nice thread. Just got a tiny tach. Where did you all hook into for power? The battery?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks