• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tire bolts not coming off

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:roll: Read post#4

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovery,
What size is that portable air tank? You got any pictures of your setup. I think I would like to duplicate that, but not sure how large of a tank I need. I have a friend here who bought about 50 airtanks from a HEMMT or something, and they might work. Oval shaped, and if stood upright they might go 4 foot high, but are narrow and rated for 150psi. Almost looks like a acetyln tank upright without the cart. I might just use my M1061 air tank if you think it would be large enough of a reservoir.
Pretty sure mine is a 9 gallon. HF has a pretty nice aluminum tank thats been eyeing me. Here's a link to the pics of mine. Nothing fancy but plenty functional.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/12659-deuce-air-system-vs-3-4-impact-wrench.html#post121320

Emmett

Big trucks require big tools. We work on Deuces and 5 tons all the time here on weekends for fun. Yep, we're in Central Fla too.
If you're close to Ocala, Ken Field (member fo the Fla MVPA) is close to you and works on the really big MV stuff.
If you're close to north Tampa, we can do small projects for free, well, at least buy the beer.
I don't like repairing tires even though I have the tools to do it. Too much work and I'm not 20 anymore.
At work, we have a "tire guy" that does that.
ET

I just wanted to add i received my torque multiplier wrench yesterday. i got it from Ebay for $216 shipped, and i als picked up a nail in an outside tire yesterday. I decided to replace it this morning. I dont think it took me even 15 mintues to drive inside tire up on block, remove nuts, lower spare, and replace nuts. I didnt even break a sweat. I was really impressed with it.