• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire davit woes

sed6

Not the pivot rod but a bolt on the side of the upright it will let you slide the upper part of the assembly off, just the top 3 tubes.
So the pin at the bottom, just above the bolt you speak of, that doesn't go thru the inner tube also? That would make sense, and removal much easier. IMG_1192.jpg

sed6

Got it!

Got it! My tool combined with my chain hoist combined with a strap attached to the davit and my bumper on the opposite side did the trick. A dozen or two blows with my 5 lb hammer broke it free and I finished it off with the chain hoist.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Who wants to borrow it to try on theirs?

20150807_213840.jpg20150807_213242.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks