• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tire options

jcfuzzdog29

I'm looking at picking up a deuce here soon and was wondering what you guys would recommend for a tire upgrade.. I don't want super singles I would like to keep the dual rears.. I have searched around the net but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.. thanks ahead of time..

red

Depends on what your plans are. The larger NDT's (11r20"s?) from the newer trucks will give you a slightly better top speed and keep the original look.

jcfuzzdog29

Thanks for the help... I would like bigger tires and of course better traction then the stock tires that they come with... but I would like to keep the dual rears.. I will check out what everyone has suggested... thanks

jcfuzzdog29

I guess what I'm looking for is a super single for the front 2 tires and the rears stay duals if that's possible
? I'm trying not to sound like a dummy but I'm new to deuce's.. I have been researching for a couple months now but I'm stuck with the tire options...

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only tire in 11.00 x 20 being made today is the Goodyear G-177, unless you want street tires. The T-831s were discontinued 2? years ago.

Go with what Welldigger said: G-177s in the back and the 14.5 on a a3 rim in the front. Just think, you'd have 4 spares!
That's a nice pic of my M342A2 with 1100R20 XZL's on the rear and 365/80R20's XZL's on the front.

Same truck pictured here with Michelin 14.5 XL's previously on front

Attachments

Last edited:

Special T

The G177 are very similar to most logging/dumptruck tires found around. They are a heavy traction. I think the only way you may be able to get more traction is to bump up to a 395 in the XML pattern, the trade off is they wouldnt wear as well.

ralph3162

I went with the 11.00 x 20 Titan Hawk NDT military tires all around. Best upgrade ever. I gained about 5 mph to the top end. Because I had the 9.00 x 20's now my speedo is off by 5 mph. So 55 mph is actually 60 mph.truck 11x20 d.jpgtruck 11x20 b.jpgTruck 11x20a.jpgtruck 11x20 c.jpg

sandcobra164

I've got some of the Firestone T-831's on my truck. Unloaded, it went threw places at the GA Rally this year that people struggled on NDT's and Goodyear G177's in 6X6 and my truck eased through in 6X4. I hate reading that they are discontinued but mine have a lot of tread left on them so they should last almost the life of the truck. I like the look of the G177 but it's more of a highway tread pattern. The T-831's have a much more open tread pattern. NDT's are pretty good on the highway but when it gets muddy, not so much. My truck and I are good with the tire choice and if you can find some Firestones, they are worth it. I'll add some pictures of them tomorrow.

ICAT

I got my hands on some UPS truck wheels that are 6 lug 22.5 and mounted 11R 22.5 Tires I got from a school bus. Great tires, not to aggressive and easy to find

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks