• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tires for M1009

mdeamicis

The General Grabber AT2's are nice tires. My dad had a set on his old Xterra and they rode nice and handled snow and the occasional trip offroad well. And they're cheap too. $132 ea. for 31x10.5 on Tirerack (cheapest All-terrain on there)... $168 for 33x12.5
I am supper impressed with the General Grappler AT2. My standrds are pretty stringent as I am an off road nut. But I do 90% of my driving on the road with a 50/50 surface to highway mix. I demand superior stoppping power on dry and wet surfaces because I almost killed someone on the freeway when I hydroplaned during the first rain of the season. Luckily I knew what was happening and was able to steer out but it is not a nice feeling to have. I also drive very aggressive and these tires stick to the road. The tread is well ciped for rain while the compoud and tread patern manages to deliver superior handling for 80 thousand miles. Off road they handle very well with ptetty agressive tread and sidewall but somehow are not rediculos on the pavement and only toss a few rocks around, nowhere near As bad as others. I don't know how they did it. I am on my second set aftet running theM for over 3 years and 80k on my 4runner. I am seriously considering them for my M1009 at 33 or 35 inches.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks