• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Title & tag day has arrived.

FloridaAKM

I am going to the Florida DVM this morning to get my Florida tag & apply for the Florida Title with the GL title in hand. Wish me luck! This is the truck that I am talking about:IMG_20140502_200047_533.jpg

FloridaAKM

Got 'er done! The gal @ the DMV worked for a while trying to make everything go right. The computer kept spitting things back out, but she got it done & I have a clear Florida Title & a Florida Tag. She had to get into the truck to see the VIN plate, with a bit of trouble, that was GTO; the frame VIN was a match so it is a done deal. She was really impressed by the truck as she said it was an awesome guy toy. The entire transaction was great as far as I am concerned! :grd:

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish you well on getting the title. Did you know you can get a permanent antique license plate for your military vehicle? Fill out this form and mail to Tallahassee with a check. They mail you the license plate. :)

Attachments

FloridaAKM

I already have everything in place for now, but when the tag expires in December, then I'll look into getting a permanent tag. Is the permanent tag good for normal ocassional usage or just parades, displays & other rare times? Thanks for the info for use this winter. Live & learn!

FloridaAKM

I saw that & wondered how limited it is? My usage will probably several times a month & not much more. I wouldn't want to draw the attention of the Florida DOT guys here or any other LEO for that matter on abusing an antique tag & lose it; the tag I have now lets me run it daily if that is what I want to do.
It's a limited use tag. Read the last check box on the form.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the permanent tag on all of my MVs. I've only been stopped once, and explained I was coming home from a Rally thinking they might gig me on the limited use. The Deputy said he didn't care about the limited use restriction, he just wanted to see I had a tag since it is not displayed. He was cool and after checking the tag let me go.

I drive all of my MVs regularly and other than the one time, have not gotten a second look. Use good judgment. I wouldn't drive it to work everyday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks