• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Title & tag day has arrived.

FloridaAKM

I am going to the Florida DVM this morning to get my Florida tag & apply for the Florida Title with the GL title in hand. Wish me luck! This is the truck that I am talking about:IMG_20140502_200047_533.jpg

FloridaAKM

Got 'er done! The gal @ the DMV worked for a while trying to make everything go right. The computer kept spitting things back out, but she got it done & I have a clear Florida Title & a Florida Tag. She had to get into the truck to see the VIN plate, with a bit of trouble, that was GTO; the frame VIN was a match so it is a done deal. She was really impressed by the truck as she said it was an awesome guy toy. The entire transaction was great as far as I am concerned! :grd:

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish you well on getting the title. Did you know you can get a permanent antique license plate for your military vehicle? Fill out this form and mail to Tallahassee with a check. They mail you the license plate. :)

Attachments

FloridaAKM

I already have everything in place for now, but when the tag expires in December, then I'll look into getting a permanent tag. Is the permanent tag good for normal ocassional usage or just parades, displays & other rare times? Thanks for the info for use this winter. Live & learn!

FloridaAKM

I saw that & wondered how limited it is? My usage will probably several times a month & not much more. I wouldn't want to draw the attention of the Florida DOT guys here or any other LEO for that matter on abusing an antique tag & lose it; the tag I have now lets me run it daily if that is what I want to do.
It's a limited use tag. Read the last check box on the form.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the permanent tag on all of my MVs. I've only been stopped once, and explained I was coming home from a Rally thinking they might gig me on the limited use. The Deputy said he didn't care about the limited use restriction, he just wanted to see I had a tag since it is not displayed. He was cool and after checking the tag let me go.

I drive all of my MVs regularly and other than the one time, have not gotten a second look. Use good judgment. I wouldn't drive it to work everyday.