• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TM manuals

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know I can get all the manuals online for free. Call me old fashioned but I'd rather have a book to look at than staring at the computer screen. I went and talked to a local printer to see if I bring in a disc what would it cost to print the manuals. The deal is, the more pages they print the cheaper it is per page. Would anyone else be interested in a printed copy if the cost was resonable? I'll have to see what the interest is before I can give a price. If this dosen't work out how much do manuals cost and where can you find them?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They get so cheap on Ebay, I'd not worry about it. You really only need 5 manuals, the complete 361 series to do most of your work. You would have to kill a forest to get the whole 209 series on paper. The -10 is usually less than $15. I'd bet you could get the whole 361 series for under $65. The parts manuals are more of a research tool than anything else. If you leave those to disc than you only need 3 manuals. I collect both paper and PDF manuals

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess I opened my mouth before I did my research. Y'all are right you can buy them cheaper than I can have them printed.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have both the print manuals, manuals on CD and of course, the library here on SS.

When reading in bed, I have my repro manuals from Portryal, but when working on the truck, i will print out the applicable pages and hold them directly to the truck using magnets...it's nice not having to flip pages...........

bambambam22

I think I have finally found the right people. I will admit up front I am stupid so now that that is out of the way. When I start looking and trying to figure out what I need I get information overload. I need the manuel or manuels that will tell me everything I need to know about the M35A2 - M1090 - and the M813 5 Ton. You may need more information on the M109 and the M813 sice there are variations to these or not. I want them in print so that I am not dependant on electricity or a computer and I like printed better anyway, I may need a wheelbarrel but I can carry a printed copy around with me and dont have to worry about droping it. Can someone please tell me exactly what to buy for what or if you have them for sale I'll buy them from you. Please keep in mind I have no military experiance and remember from teh begenning I am stupid so you have to make your answers stupid proof. :razz: Kinkos will print for me, from a PDF file, front and back 700 pages and bind in 100 page booklets for 125.00

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
bambam,

That is expensive when the 1000 page manuals can be had for $50-60 on evil-bay. You should be abler to get a full set of the original deuce manuals for $125 or so. Clinto's idea of printing out the exact pages you need at the moment, and putting them on the truck with magnets is a great way to have the reference available.

bambambam22

I hate to ask this but if you had the time would you mind finding them ( M35A2 - M109 - M813 ) on ebay or anywhere else and sending me the item numbers? Someone suggested a Gov web site and I just don't know if I want to agree to using there web site, more of that my computer will be connecting to a DOD computer and I am subject to yada yada yada. When I look there are too many options and I get lost and dont know which ones to buy. My luck is I will have to buy 5 or 6 to get the right one and still end up spending a fortune ans trashing most of what I buy that is wrong. I am pretty sure everything for the M35A2 is here http://www.army6x6.com/m35%20man.htm but like I was saying it would take me years to review to find the right one that has everything in it. On this web page is 40 manuels. Do I need all of them to get all the information or is thereone that has all the information? I hate to ask but I am hopeing that you already have the information and it is something that will take you 5 minutes instead of me 5 weeks. I don't even really know what it is I am looking for is my main problem. Thank you for any help, Rick

bambambam22

Thanks but I don't have a M44A2 what I need the manuels for are a M35A2 and M109A3 and a M813 - 5 Ton with drop sides or are you telling me that the manuel for the M44A2 is the same and if so why is it not labeled as a manuel for a M35A2 and not a M44A2. I am not trying to be stupid but this is part of the problem with me trying to find the right manuel none of it makes any sense. I am trying very hard to get this right.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M44A2 designator is the overall "family" (called a series by the military) of 2.5 ton trucks. The M35A2 is one member (called a variant by the military) of the family (and also the most plentiful) There are other variants, the M35A2C (dropsides), the M36A2 (longbed), M109 (shop van), M342 (dump), and others. Check the cover page of the M44A2 series manuals, it will list all the variants that fall under the M44A2 series, of which, your M35A2 and M109 are covered.

Your M813 5 ton truck is another family (5 tons), and has a different set of manuals than the M44A2 family of trucks.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the short list to start you. Mike already listed some of these for you. While I have no problem providing you with the exact numbers for the TMs, it will be up to you to copy and paste these into ebay to search for them.
TM 9-2320-361-10 is the operators manual for the M35A2 M109A3 and other deuces
TM 9-2320-361-20 is the deuce unit maintenance manual
TM 9-2320-260-10 is the M809 series operators manual (for your M813)
TM 9-2320-260-20 is the unit maintenance manual for the 813 (and others)

This is a good start and the numbers and spaces are exactly as they are on the TM.

Some links to ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/5-Ton-Truck-M80...k?hash=item22f66fd359&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116
http://desc.shop.ebay.com/milman61/...ksid=p3911.m270.l1313&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_rdc=1
http://desc.shop.ebay.com/milman61/...1.m270.l1313&_odkw=tm+9-2320-260-20&_osacat=0

Last edited:

nonpro

bambambam22 I have the manual that is mentioned above but I can take my jump drive with me to work and get these printed up for you. Check you ebay message and you will find my email and telephone number and shoot me a email or call me. I can get it done for a lot less and have it to you by the middle of next week.

bambambam22

Actually the last two posts help more than anything elso up to this point that is actually the first thing that makes any sense to me so far. I copied the four above and the one from Mike on the first page is the same as the first one from Recovery4x4. Is this correct? I promice I am going to get it all together and complete and I will make it avaliable to anyone else that wants it in the future, for all your help. I actually feel like I am making prigress finally. There was just too much information and too many TM's and I was and still am confused but it think I see light

bambambam22

Oh wow OK are you Merrick if so YES please. Which manuels? I am looking for the teck, service, parts, mantanince, mulit fuel motor trouble shooting, cummins trouble shooting. basically everything for the M35A2 and the M109 and the M813 - 5 ton drop side. I dont mind doing the work I just need to be sure I am doing the right work.
Just let me know what I need to do and how much and how to get it to you, I do have a paypal account if that helps.

What is cool about this web site is it is like things are suppose to be like things use to be where people helped others just because / no alterior motives / no gain / just to help. After watching what is going on in the world it is very refreshing to have found this comunity. ok ok ok I know sappy hu but true.

nonpro

bambambam22 hello again Bet you thought I forgot about your manuals.
I got the M44A2 TM 9-2320-361-10 printed and I also got the M44A2 TM 9-2320-361-24-1 printed the first is 396 pages but I had them print it front and back and the second is 1144 pages long which was printed front and back. Give me a PM and we cantalk about getting these to you.
nonpro

beezer1424

TM for M813 5-ton

I am new to the site (wonderful site by the way) and also would love to get a look at the technical manual before getting inolved with these trucks. Provided there are no copyright issues, I would be happy to post digital versions of these manuals on my FTP site for free member download. If you would like to upload them to the site PM me and I will give you the connection information.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All of these manuals are already electronically listed under the resources section at the top of the web site.:roll:

steelandcanvas

I also print pages from the TM's and place them in a document protector for use in the shop, if they get too greasey, wipe them off. The magnet to hold them in place is another good idea.:idea: