• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

To lift a M1009

kmm2736

shackle flip the rear and B52 the front. Cheapest most effective 4" IMO. DIY4x.com ORD and great lake off road are great sources.
Hi mud stone,

I plan to use B52 kit from DIY. I have access to a nice salvage yard with plenty of old 3/4 and one tone Chevy's. I plan on Pulling 2 sets of 3/4 52s and doing the swap. My rear spring on my M1009 look beat. For another tech note on my swap I was thinking of using ORD zero rate add a leaf for an extra inch of lift, any downs sides to pushing 4" 52 swap to a 5" lift? (transfer case drop?)

ORD site info:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] A longer spring will come back farther on full compression and with a stock length shackle, will probably hit the frame. This provides a really harsh bottom out and cause a lot of extra stress on the frame and spring hangers. That’s why our shackles are longer than stock.
[/FONT]

Another question is what is the preferred length of shackles to use for the front with a 52 swap. DIY has a 7.25", 6" and 4.5".

Thanks in advance for any input!!