• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Too high voltage. suggestions?

hummer4x4guy

Guys,
I am getting a 35.5V reading between the two batteries with the truck running and I cant adjust down the regulator any further. Tho it does properly adjust the voltage up and down as it is turned. Is this issue simply solved with a new regulator? With a new washer pump on the way I dont want to burn up a new one. Funny tho that none of the lights act as if they are getting too much juice and running too bright or the wipers running faster than normal.

Thanks.

hummer4x4guy

A question: Isn't the voltage regulator on our alt. the same as on most other newer M series trucks? Seems like there aren't a lot of places or ppl who sell them.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What generator do you have?

60amp is adj, 200 amp is not...if a 60amp model, if it can't be adjusted to within specs, it needs a new regulator.
of a 200amp, just replace the voltage reg on top of the Gen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks