• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

too many miles??

galeo7171

When I picked up my m1009 from Ft. Jackson, I was told it had 23,000 miles on it. After some research (from a member here, thanks again), I have discoved it has 123,000 miles on it. It belonged to USPFO transportation at Fort Jackson. I have no idea what USPFO means...anyways, is 123k miles a lot for these trucks? It seems to have been taken care of. The only rust is mostly surface rust and the only leaks I have is the rear output shaft of the tcase and my injection pump is leaking when I shut the truck off.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
USPFO - United States Purchasing and Finance Office. Probably used to run around town, not much highway miles. if it has good compression and you do an engine oil analysis (from NAPA, kit is about $15) that comes back good, you should be fine IMHO.

mangus580

123k is nothing. Just barely broken in ;-)

Its common that the miles are reported wrong, since they dont have 6 digits on the odometer.

dependable

On one level that is too bad, But some of the problems you would have with a truck that has sat too long might be just as bad, but different. If the crew that used this truck maintained it, you may have a good rig,

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
USPFO is actually United States Property and Fiscal Office. It is the people who provide property and financial support for each state National Guard.

desertfoto

My 85 Suburban is an ex US Forest Service vehicle. It had 70,000 hard miles on it when I got it in '94. Since then, I have put 245,000 hard miles on it and just replaced the engine a month ago at 316K. Chevy trucks last a long time if you do regular maintenance.

galeo7171

Thanks for the replies....I'm guessing it was taken care of from the looks of things. I should just stop worrying and just drive the crap out of it

maritimer

i have 70k miles on my odometwer and io know that there should be a 1 in front of the 70 and my baby runs like a top besides the regular to be expected stuff cropping up due to its age , if it is maintained properly you can expect 500k or more from these trucks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks