• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Took delivery of my M923A2!

spitfire

Well, yesterday the big day finally happened. My M923A2 I won out of Fontana, CA showed up at my house. I knew this truck would be big but until you are standing next to it you really can't appreciate its size. It definitely commands respect. If anyone is on the fence about shipping vs. driving it yourself to your house, do yourself a favor and have it shipped. Getting the truck to your house stress free and on time is worth every penny.

image.jpgimage(1).jpgimage(2).jpeg

Broke into the tool box and discovered this! I was expecting it to be empty. Major score!
photo(1).jpg

I do have a question for you guys that I didn't find in the TM. What is this "manifold" on the floor board next to the transmission shifter? I'm taking a guess that it has to do with the warning lights on the dash. It nearly scared my girlfriend half to death when it hissed some air at her. :-D
photo.jpg

I couldn't be happier with my purchase. The truck looks and runs fantastic! Time to change the fluids and give it a thorough inspection before taking it on the road. I feel like I really lucked out on this truck and it has far exceeded my expectations so far.

ke5eua

Well, yesterday the big day finally happened. My M923A2 I won out of Fontana, CA showed up at my house. I knew this truck would be big but until you are standing next to it you really can't appreciate its size. It definitely commands respect. If anyone is on the fence about shipping vs. driving it yourself to your house, do yourself a favor and have it shipped. Getting the truck to your house stress free and on time is worth every penny.

View attachment 494729View attachment 494725View attachment 494726

Broke into the tool box and discovered this! I was expecting it to be empty. Major score!
View attachment 494727

I do have a question for you guys that I didn't find in the TM. What is this "manifold" on the floor board next to the transmission shifter? I'm taking a guess that it has to do with the warning lights on the dash. It nearly scared my girlfriend half to death when it hissed some air at her. :-D
View attachment 494728

I couldn't be happier with my purchase. The truck looks and runs fantastic! Time to change the fluids and give it a thorough inspection before taking it on the road. I feel like I really lucked out on this truck and it has far exceeded my expectations so far.
It was asserting dominance, lol. I want to say CTIS, couple clicks, then some hissing, then scared girlfriend?

ABS only does the three sets of three clicks (click click click, click click click, click click click, well thud thud...) as soon as you turn the key on and you hear it like it is out of the cab.

brock

I was the opposing bidder on that truck. It is really nice.

If you're ever in the OC, CA. area, shoot me a line.

I drove my truck home today and couldnt be happier.

whiskey357

Banned
well to the green or tan bug bite club.....nice rig looks like a comm gear stand next to the dash....was your 5 ton part of a comm group or what .....have seen the same bracket in USN comm truck ..again welcome...

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice looking truck!!!
Was the tool box locked? All the trucks we have picked up at Fontana have had no tools or fuel.

FloridaAKM

Awesome score you have there. Your neighbors are going to really wonder about your new truck, quote, "What are you going to do with that big thing?" Congratulations on your first really big MV. The pad lock was your friend!

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the tool box had a padlock on it. It also has 3/4 tank of diesel on the gauge. I still need to verify the gauge is working correctly.
That was good that it was padlocked, we just picked up a M923A2 in Thursday 5/22 and it had no tools and about one 1" of fuel in the tank.

spitfire

Did some more snooping around the truck and look what I found behind the seat! I found the maintenance records dating back to the Refurb in 2008.
image(9).jpegimage(10).jpg

I also found this pack-rat nest under the passenger seat complete with dead babies. Going to clean this one up ASAP.
image(4).jpegimage(5).jpg

I'm certainly glad this nest wasn't occupied. I can only imagine what some of you have found in your vehicles. :grin:
image(3).jpeg

While doing my fluid checks the engine oil is the only thing I've flagged as needing attention (its black) so far. Transmission and power steering are nice and golden (10W?) and at the proper levels. Coolant is full. I still need to crawl under and check the diffs and t-case.

Here is a shot of my helpers [thumbzup]
image(6).jpg

mcmullag

Is your CTIS working? once you let it run for about 15 mins, does just the Highway lite stay on and you can hear the system cycling (farting noise as it bleeds off air). The valve in the truck there makes noises like some air breathing machine in a hospital room as the system cycles and it does let off air in there too.
These things are monsters. Best of luck with it, looks nice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks