• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Took the Deuce on vacation

800summit

I took my family on a week vacation in the deuce.
I spent weeks getting her ready, all bearings cleaned and repacked, brakes adjusted, bought full set of chains, just in case.
We went up from Soldotna, Alaska to Mankomen Lake aprox 400 miles.
The trip involves crossing the Slana River, and lots of offroading.
I was parinoid something was going to go wrong, so I brought the kitchen sink, bearings,races,belts,tourqe wrench,hoses,grease,tire irons e.t.c.
The deuce did excellent, I got 12mpg loaded @ 45-50 mph.
it performed very well in the mud and on the river beds. the only complaint was my foot and rear planted for so long.

Attachments

phil2968

This is why I bid on a 109, to take the family on weeklong and weekend vacations. Just dont have quite has good of scenery down here in Florida. Just lots of hogs and gators and a mouse! I can only dream of a trip to Alaska in a deuce. That is quite beautiful.

800summit

Well winter is a little different up here, I do have the artic heater and the inside of the cab is insulated. Problem is the NDT tires are scary on ice.
In 6 weeks I will be going Moose and Caribou hunting back to my hunting camp I will share more pictures of the fall colors.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks