• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Took the Deuce on vacation

bigelk50

Thanks for sharing. Great beautiful pics. A trip of a lifetime for me would be the hunting trip that you speak of. Those are the pics that I want to see. Thanks again for sharing

TIGERFANS2

You dog :-D
Our old next door neighbors at Elemdorf live up the road from you in Nikiski. We're going to road trip up to see them after I retire but ..... not in a deuce.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Gorgeous. Thanks for posting these.

800summit

Mark2x2 loading the Rhino in the back took about 1 minute of thought.
I bought 4 4x4x10' and 2 2x12x10' laid the 4x4s down and put the 2x12s as planks drove right up. since the bed is 12' everything slide under the rhino.
Cranetruck winters up here are not too bad I have lived up here for almost 49 years.
In winter time the air is dry and temps on the Kenai Pennenisula can dip down to -30 f
for a short time. Average temp is low teens in winter.

srodocker

im going to make a trip up there i hope in 2 years when i get my decent size vacation. who knows i might have a deuce and just roll up there through canada. from the pics i see of alaska it looks so nice. shoot sysco has a warehouse up north i think i may want to just transfer now :)

bulldawg

Two things will stick in my memories forever about Alaska : those blood sucking airplanes they call misquitos and all the fantastic lakes & rivers. Not sure I would like to live up there year round tho.

skidder

YES YES ,That is what God intenend the duce to be use for, you are a in the place we would all love to be at. Hay hows the fishing LOL skidder

800summit

The weather is beautiful from May to the Middle of July after July the rains come until it snows, usally in October.
Skidder the fishing was great, the lake was stocked 2 years ago, so the rainbows are still small, but with a fly rod you can catch one every 3-5mins.