• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tools on the road

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You don't need no stinkin tools IN THE TRUCK. Leave them all at home.

If your truck breaks, lock it up and go home and bring IT BACK WITH YOUR TOW BAR.

Then work on it in the comfort of your shop.

Just a suggestion... it's what I do.

If you own MORE than one CUCV, then a tow bar is a must. For all sorts of reasons. And if you don't have tow insurance, ONE TOW of any distance over 20 miles will probably PAY for your tow bar.

MT4222

Thank you and what is the best way to mount the winch? I was thinking of putting a
class 3 receiver on front and back so I could build a moveable mount for the winch

cucv1833

Thank you and what is the best way to mount the winch? I was thinking of putting a
class 3 receiver on front and back so I could build a moveable mount for the winch
Im putting a front hitch on mine. Thats why Im getting one with a cradle so I can swap it from my other truck or trailer.
Do a search like said earlier. Theres 100's of crazy ideas on how to do this.

Heres a few.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/45839-quick-easy-winch-mount.html?highlight=winch
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/86556-winch-mount-stock-bumper-brushguard.html?highlight=winch
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/37565-cucv-winch.html?highlight=winch

wayne pick

Allways keep a set of belts with you along with duct tape, zip tie assortment, gator clip jumper wire, stuff you can make roadside repairs with so you can limp it home.

I own a mile marker hydraulic winch. It is a serious brute of a tool. I actually have mine rigged to go into a 2" square receiver, with a filter before the input connection due to some past issues with the valves. I use mine behind my little 4wd tractor for skidding firewood and pulling myself out of beaver swamps. The only time it has let me down is when I've forgotten it. Tis heavy tho, mine is kept on a stand, at hitch height, w/ rollers on it.

i have a harbor freight "special " 12,000lb winch , and have pulled downed trees, stuck sami's, jeeps, even a small Shed.. and myself a time or two, without fail... i have it set up to run with or without the remote via toggle switch in dash.... That way, it's always at the ready...

onboard air system, running 150 psi in a custom 10 gallon tank. 60" Highlift, Various tools including air impact, and rachet, socket set, wrench set, screw drivers, elect tape. vise grips, channel locks, hammer.. also havethe 24v Impact as well... I also carry extra oil, fuel, water, brake fluid, ATF, and PS fluid, u joints, and even a complete Spare driveshaft... Looking to source an extra CUCV alt, and Starter to have as well...

TOG 5

Not sure if these were mentioned,

electric wire and a switch

jumper cables The ones that fit the military hook up are the best,
I have a pair with civ clamps on one end but carry a military adapter that the clamps hook to.
Mostly used to help some one else

assorted straps and winch chains, and the controls LOL, forgot those only once!

gas can filler nozzle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks