• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Top speed - highway

Status
Not open for further replies.

INFChief

Warrior Wagon has been in the road 2X since becoming legal. Top speed with those knobby tires was 57 - 59 MPH. Frankly, that’s fast enough for a vehicle like that. She steers nice and drives like a bus - with a slight bounce and a bit of road noise.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That would take quite the idiot but I'm waiting for such an encounter. That pintle will be a real funny lookin stereo.
I've been rear ended in an MV. Twice.

But you aren't waiting for such an encounter. You ready to extract a kid pinned between the seat and steering wheel? While the car is on fire? Before he burns alive? Or just sit there and laugh at the idiot?
Probably not. Take a seat rookie.

Last edited:

Third From Texas

I’d be pretty happy to get an average of 8 mpg.
I can't maintain 8mpg with my C7 's pedal mashed to the floor. I get 5mpg all day long in "stand on the throttle" mode.

My A0 was a bit more consistent at 8mpg. Slow, fast, it didn't cane....8mpg.

Of course I haven't done any tuning to see if it can be improved the C7 but some of the recommended maintenance I've read about supposedly can improve the C7 fuel usage (I won't say "fuel economy").

:)

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter

But you aren't waiting for such an encounter. You ready to extract a kid pinned between the seat and steering wheel? While the car is on fire? Before he burns alive? Or just sit there and laugh at the idiot?
World is over-populated and if the kid hits a truck as large as mine because I was 5 mph under the speed limit (like many a semi-truck on a grade) then Darwin got that fool and it was bound to happen anyway. I'll call emergency services and render aid as appropriate but I'm not going to lose sleep over one less idiot.

INFChief

I can't maintain 8mpg with my C7 's pedal mashed to the floor. I get 5mpg all day long in "stand on the throttle" mode.

My A0 was a bit more consistent at 8mpg. Slow, fast, it didn't cane....8mpg.

Of course I haven't done any tuning to see if it can be improved the C7 but some of the recommended maintenance I've read about supposedly can improve the C7 fuel usage (I won't say "fuel economy").

:)
As soon as I get all the adapters, other hardware, and software I plan on checking all of the settings on my engine.

INFChief

Did you put a flashing light / strobe light (not high intensity but bright enough to clearly make your vehicle stand out) on the rear somewhere so it will get the attention of people following you? Maybe I should look for something like that. Would sure hate to see someone get wedged under the back of my truck. Not that a strobe light or a slow moving vehicle sign would guarantee that no one would ass-end me but it would help make my truck noticeable.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Did you put a flashing light / strobe light (not high intensity but bright enough to clearly make your vehicle stand out) on the rear somewhere so it will get the attention of people following you? Maybe I should look for something like that. Would sure hate to see someone get wedged under the back of my truck. Not that a strobe light or a slow moving vehicle sign would guarantee that no one would ass-end me but it would help make my truck noticeable.
More lights usually attract drunk drivers.

This was the rear of my M322. It had 7 rear facing red lights and 2 strobes.

Truck even had 2 mirror mounted strobes.

And the result.

Attachments

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I hope the trailer was OK.

What even WAS that car? Looks like it went under :tank:
100 to 105mph speed hitting me at 61/63mph. Was a Pontiac G6. 26yr old kid. Never had a ticket in his life. Driving home from work fell asleep at the wheel we assume, since he had just started a job 90mi from his home.
Hit the rear of the M322m wedged underneath it. Impact and sparks lit the rear hydraulics for the ramps on fire. 1600 tire was on fire in the windshield when I climbed thru the back window, broke the seat back, and broke his right leg in order to extract his pinned leg. He was unconscious.

He survived the crash but was brain dead and died about 10days later.

Whole rear of the trailer caught on fire. My skytrack caught on fire. Burned up both rear trailer tires, all brake lines, chambers, broke u bolts on rear axle, rear hydraulics. Shockwave thru the impact even broke the motor mounts oh my engine and broke a torque rod. This mind you weighing close to 65k getting hit by a 3500lb car.

Had I NOT had the trailer I would have been dead. It would have ran up under the rear of the 5 ton. Hit an axle, broke more torque rods, shifted the rear axles and thrown me off into the ditch to roll over.

There are several threads on here about these slow moving trucks getting hit by cars. Most trucks get totalled out cause the impact shock breaks everything aluminum on the truck right off. Like your engine bellhousing, transmission, your transfer case mounts at the minimum if your lucky.

We have had several members pass away from being rear ended and thrown off the road to just roll the truck over.

Being big and Tall doesn't mean anything with a certain amount of force.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You are far more likely to get rear ended by a semi that is in a group of trucks at night and one of them misjudged the speed you were going and got pinned in and slammed into the back of you. Or they weren't paying attention or fell asleep.

I do lots of miles. I've seen lots of it.

Guyfang

Staff member
World is over-populated and if the kid hits a truck as large as mine because I was 5 mph under the speed limit (like many a semi-truck on a grade) then Darwin got that fool and it was bound to happen anyway. I'll call emergency services and render aid as appropriate but I'm not going to lose sleep over one less idiot.

When you dig someone out of a car, your life is changed for ever. I hope you never have to do it. And of course, one day you might be the fool.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter

When you dig someone out of a car, your life is changed for ever. I hope you never have to do it. And of course, one day you might be the fool.
I also hope I never have to do this. It sounds extremely inconvenient. I don't think it would be life changing for me - I've seen senseless death in combat and personally I've made my peace with it. Can't be worse than someone I know and have a personal attachment to. Some random motorist...... 😑

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks