• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Topless in my Deuce!

sailor2000

I have looked and looked in the parts books but cannot figure out what part numbers I need to make my topless deuce ready for a new cab cover... (and if someone happened to have all those parts for sale it would be even better!!!)... What parts and pieces do I need???

Thanks

Attachments

FreightTrain

Banned
You need a left and right pillar,1 pipe that goes across the rear bottom,Another pole that goes across the rear top that has 3 holes in it,3 round bar bows.....and the top.Don't have numbers but that is the parts you need.

gunner01

About a month ago Idahomotorpool.com had a hard top that was in fair condition for sale. I cant remember how much he was asking but Alex is a fair and honest man.

Gunner01

FreightTrain

Banned
If you wanna go hard top,wreck has one.Fair to fair plus.some surface rust,normal pushed in top.Good rear window.All gaskets.an hour with a DA/Jitterbug,a couple cans of spray paint,and maybe a stomp or two and it would be a real nice top.

FreightTrain

Banned
ok.I like a soft top best but I have one of each.Hard top is nice.A little quieter in my experiance.But figured I would put a shameless plug in for my mentally handicapped democrat buddy wreckerman.....

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Re: Topless in my Deuce!

I am sorry, I was unable to remove my extra set. If anyone else has one for sale, it is still needed. Sorry Sailor.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a fairly simple install. Only takes a few minutes. You might want to first apply some sort of "slick-um" to the plastic-like piping that slides into the channels. I prefer Armor-All for those sorts of things. It cuts down on the amount of cussing you'll do. If you're not a cusser, then it will keep you from becoming one. (< 15 minute job either way).
:grd:

SuperJoe

does the hard top come off as well or is it welded to the cab? i have a soft top but would like both for season changes. if they both unbolt that would save me about ten hours of fab trying to make a decent looking hard top conv.

FreightTrain

Banned
Yea,a hard top just bolts on but it ain't a 10 minute cab removal job.There is a BUNCH of bolts and that top assembly is pretty heavy.Now you could weld pins in either the cab top or maybe the cab itself for alignment and use some small clamps like used for campershells to hold it on for a quick connect but you will still need either a really tall hoist,a loading dock to pull up next to and a friend or two.....Even though,you could remove the front headache rack and just lift and go backwards to store the hard top in the bed or lower it out the back....which would make it a 2 person job in theory.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Hard top should have 50 million bolts in the rear and 2 in the windshield. They are removable. Gringeltaube's pic shows the soft top frame that Sailor is needing. Beat me to it FT.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know, I have a hard-top deuce and I appreciate it a great deal. But the more I see of the convertible, ( I know, not many call it that. Just trying something different), the more I appreciate that configuration as well. I'm sure the hard-top might be better as far as noise, insulation, and perhaps safety, (falling objects, etc.), but the soft-top cab materials that I've seen lately are quality. The associated hardware is plentiful, and they look old-school. When something goes wrong with the metal cab, if it gets caved in like mine, or it starts to rust or leak, it's a job. If I would have gotten a convertible, I would have been happy to keep it as such. When I got my truck, I was attracted to it's overall character, but I hardly noticed the hard-top enclosure. Maybe I need one of each. If and when I get a 5-ton tractor though, it'll be a convertible. [thumbzup]

ygmir

aren't the bows that go front to rear missing in gringeltaube's picture?
Mine has several metal rods between the rear bow and windshield.
Henry

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks