• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Topless in my Deuce!

JasonS

Which way do the cab bows fit? One end has a washer, the other does not? Does the washer end go to the front or rear. I have mine one way, by brother the other. We can't agree which is right.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
sailor2000 said:
oifvet said:
...soft-top cab materials that I've seen lately are quality. The associated hardware is plentiful.... [thumbzup]
Please tell me where to get one (that I can afford) complete set of that plentiful hardware.... :roll:
sailor2000,

Man! I've been seeing the soft-top cab set-ups on e-bay, it seems like every few days! I've been doing a fairly regular search for "M35A2 cargo covers" and keep getting hits on "M35A2 (cab) covers." Bow sets and all! Right now, I'm not seeing any, at least not at the moment on e-bay. What're the odds?!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Bill, I have been watching too. None are what he needs. Parts here and there but not a full set, which is what he wants. The frames that go around the door window, the 2 poles that connect them and the 3 or 5 rods that go to the windshield is what he wants.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I understand there are some "aftermarket" soft cabs that are/were available. The ones I've seen are pretty nice. I'm doing some research on the source of those now. They came as kits and had everything! I didn't see any flaws other than there were some velcroe straps that might not have lined up perfectly with the (3?) fore-and-aft "rods" on the underside of the canopy. Very minor issue. I'm on the hunt.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If (...and I say, IF), a new, complete, three-color camo insulated soft-top kit, were available and the cost was $280.00 plus shipping, I wonder what the reaction would be and if the demand would be miniscule or overwhelming. :?:

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stop the presses!! I've just received an education on these soft-tops! I was under the impression that the new kits I had seen included the tubes and frames! They do not. Just the rods and top. I see what you are talking about now, Chris! Bad call, on my part.

sailor2000

gringeltaube said:
sailor2000 said:
... What parts and pieces do I need???
Thanks
Everything you want to know + pic...

TM 9-2320-361-34P, fig. 242, CAB SOFT TOP KIT
Thanks for the pointer... I have searched the web for the PNs but am coming up dry.. any suggestions from the group for a source? Anyone with Parts Trucks?????

:lost:

m35a2cowner

Topless

Someone mentioned something about wanting a hard top? I have got one in not to bad a shape that I would like to sell or trade for something. Only thing is that its for the wider cab deuce or five ton If your interested PM me and I will send pics and whatever else you you need to know.
Thanks

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: Topless

m35a2cowner said:
..... Only thing is that its for the wider cab deuce or five ton ...
????????? Please explain! Did deuces ever have anything different than the std. cab????
And when did the 5tons start coming with wider cabs?
Anyone knows how much wider?

Tks
G.

m35a2cowner

Wide

I have been told that some deuces came with wider cabs (later models?) I tried putting it on my Deuce and it was to wide. The tag say it fits 2 1/2 and 5 Ton models. Below is a picture of the tag, maybe someone can cross the PNs and give us an answer. Sorry for the poor picture quality. When I have time tomorrow I can take a better shot.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks