• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Topless m1009s

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wanted to, didn't get hot enough at the right time.
What kind of seats do you have there? Post pics.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think JW4x4 has his off more than on in the summer time. He even pulled it off for the GA rally last year.

Lawrence of Arabia

Pulled mine off by myself and almost hurt me and wrecked the top. Finally got it off so I could take the kids for a ride. We got about 3 miles from home and huge black sky came out of nowhere. We hauled A$@ to the house and ran inside before getting caught in a major storm. It stopped raining and the top went back on. Maybe another day.

Had mine off last summer. This year, didn't really get hot enough for me to want to, and it rained too much.

One thing I did notice was, you don't want to take off the top AND the tailgate. Makes the back end really wobbly.

chevy79k5

i keep mine off all summer. but i also have asopt top that i use for at night and ifit rains. in the winter i alwes keep the had top on. no pics right now sorry

bbbang

I had the top off, bought a soft top for it, and will probably just leave the soft top on the M1009 year round. Mine is indoors when not driven. Chris

Bobert

Wanted to, didn't get hot enough at the right time.
What kind of seats do you have there? Post pics.
Those seats are out of a 2007 mustang in the junkyard. I got a deal on them and made some brackets. Very comfortable. They also fold forward and are pretty adjustable, so it makes a good fit.

I just put a tarp over the back when it rains.

Attachments

Last edited:

bigflew

had mine off all summer also the winshield all glass doors ect. ect. it has been a long summer between this and the race car. I just got the camo started (very difrent) anyway I lovem topless. i'm thinking of taking a top and cuting and glasing a pick up style removeable top for it. also where are you guys geting the soft tops?

Attachments

Tnrobocop

Mine is off at the moment. I am getting new floor pans welded in, then I will be herculining the floor. I just filled in the antenna wire holes with bondo hair and just put the first coat of primer on the top. I am also replacing all of the weatherstripping on the top before I put it back on.

No pics though, sorry.

dunedigger

I took mine off in the spring. I did a truck tailgate conversion and bought a soft top. I didn't like the way the soft top mounted so I sold it. Now that they are making new ones again I may save for a new soft top. I like the way the new design bolts up. I have to figure something out soon with winter comming up, if I put the top on I won't have a back window.

Pawnshop

I drove a '77 Dodge Ramcharger for an entire summer with no top, not only was there not top on the truck, I did not own a top for it! I got caught in a couple of turdfloaters and do not want to repeat THAT, though the Dodge top was all the way off, to the windshield. I wish I still had that truck, it would become a "rare" Dodge M1009:)

Here is a topless M1009 in military service, reportedly Davis Monthan AFB Security Forces.

Attachments