• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Topless m1009s

2deuce

I took the top off last june, 1st summer its been off and I really like it off, I'll put it back on when the rain starts up. I'll take it off again next summer for sure. With the back open, you don't get that oven when you 1st get in and the roof keeps the sun off. With the top on exhaust fumes get pulled in through the rear window so its hard to get any good air circulation with the the top on. My daughter takes the top off of her M1009 every summer and told me I should. She even put hers on by herself last fall cause she couldn't get any help. I think she must be tougher and more determined than I am.

Tnrobocop

It looks like a civi K5, the fender badge is still on it and the blackout drive light is on the home-made bumper, can't esplain the muffler...
Actually that is probably what is it.

The skycops were probably assigned a civi truck, tacticooled it, and put it into service.

If you look closely at the cab, it looks more like it is a pickup, rather than a M1009/K5. Most likely a GSA-type assigned short bed p/u.