• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tops off

how many people take there tops off there m1009 in the summer

• tops on

Votes: 28 43.1%
  • tops off

Votes: 37 56.9%

• Total voters

91W350

Back in the day, we used to say two strong men and a fast coordinated boy. Today, I think a mechanical device and two guys or four guys will get it done. They are heavy with not much to hang on to.

91W350

On my old M715, it was top off most of the summer. But one guy could do it in ten minutes without getting hurt. The M1009 is not that way. 8)

alm0263

Just my roommate and i pull the top off no problems, neither of us are big guys by any means. I take the doors off by myself usually also. here are some pictures of how i usually keep it all summer.

Attachments

Midnight Rider

I leave the top on for a couple of reasons.
-Never know what the weather is going to do and I don't want to be caught in the rain.
-No place to store it if I do take it off.
-I keep alot of tools in the back and I wouldn't want them to disappear.

DXTAC

Mine has been off for about 2 weeks. The top will be stored above it's parking spot in the garage as soon as I get some help to move it in line to be hoisted. The wife and I removed it but she can't lift it to hook the pulleys up!

I sold my Jeep to get this so the top was coming off!! I will be buying a TuffBox or similar soon but right now there's nothing to take!

Anyone know where to buy a bikini top for the rear, the boys need shade in the back?!?!

Thx,

hounddog

I've always left my top on, but looking at the pics with the top off looks pretty cool. Have to take mine off soon to paint and replace rubber, maybe I'll leave it off for awhile!

jrou111

I took my off last fall, but it's already too hot this year :(
During the window where it would have been nice we had nothing but rain. Now it's too late.

cleb

I took mine off a couple times....only problem is you never know when the weather is going to turn on you. Also, going offroad will fill the back with debris if you go through the woods. Usually worth it!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks