• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tow Bar Pins - Updated

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am also looking for NSN's or part numbers for a 1 1/8" pin that
is for the ends of another tow bar. The working length is 3.6".
ie the portion that goes thru the towbar end but does not include the length
of the head or the portion that sticks out the other end and has a hole in it .
Thanks,
I am trying to find two of these pins with there clips.
Bruce

oldMan99

I have two feet for a large tow bar. The pins that connect to the ends of the tow bar
are 1 1/2 " Measure diameter at 1.472".
The part number is stamped on the foot as follows:
MFR 4L516
Th part number stamped on the 1 1/2 " pins is as follows:
MFR 1V513
The part number stamped on the 1" pin that is for the other end of the foot is:

Hopefully this info will help someone.
Thanks for posting that! I'm sure it will be useful for someone!

What I need is another of the 1" pins with clip, and a clip for the 1 1/2" inch pin. By clip, I mean the thing that looks like a bobby pin that is inserted in the hole at the end of the pin to keep it from falling out.

I am also interested in finding any TM's that reference these parts.

Thanks for any info!
Bruce
You can get the 1" pin as noted in post #21 at the top of page 3 of this thread.

For the "Clip" you need for the 1 1/2" pin (Although I always prefer mil-spec parts when possible) I think your probably pretty safe using a standard pin from Tractor Supply or NAPA. There really is not much stress on that part. As long as you keep an eye on the spring tension that secures the clip in place and replace the clip if you notice that the tension is low or the clip ends are spreading you should not have a problem with that aspect of the system.

3dAngus

OK, after several cases of phone tag, I finally got hold of him today.

He doesn't have them but he has a friend that does, and he says he can get them. Price undetermined as of yet, but he suggests under $100 per pair. He might be able to get six or so. It will be after Aberdeem.

I'll let you guys know when I know.

3dAngus

Bumping this thread back up again.

I met with Ron, the shop owner today. I guess he didn't quite understand the 1 1/2" to 1" adapter feet I was talking about. He had a lot of different towbar feet and I bought some 1" feet from him and said he would be carrying all his feet up to the Nationals (whatever that is) and sell them there. He said he sold all he carried at the Aberdeen show.
Sorry it didn't work out. I'm still in the market for the 1.5" to 1 inch towbar foot adapter.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bringing this back up since I wanted a couple of NEW 1 inch pins. To do one medium tow bar with all 5 new pins it will be $167.00 including shipping.

Just an FYI.

Here is the response from Kelly a few minutes ago.

Steve:

Greetings and thanks for the inquiry.

We still have a few in stock left over from U.S. Government contract runs.

· 1.00” DIA Towbar Pins are $ 32.00 ea.
· ¾” DIA Towbar Pins are $ 32.00 ea.

Shipping for up to 5 of these will be $7.00. ($7.00 for each box of 5 or less)

These Towbar Pin Assemblies are fully Heat Treated, Heavy Phosphate Coated with a baked on Dry Film Lube. Full MIL-SPEC items.

Best regards,

Kelly Anderson
Director of Quality / Purchasing
706-882-7723 x107
706-957-8117 Mobile
706-882-5401 (fax)
newventures.org
Cage Code: 4U6F0

Bill W

OK
There use to be a M-37 site called "Big Electric" ( Big E) I thought it might have been restarted.
First time I've heard E-bay called that.

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1 inch new on epay currently for $22 plus $5 ride combine shipping available $2 next item(s)
search 7551074
Anyone out there have any info where to get new medium tow bar pins, or at least good used pins, at this date and time? (3/4" and 1")

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks