• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tow Dolly a M1008

crownjewel4

OK, How did your recovery go? Enquiring minds want to know!:-D

Had to postpone til Friday Feb 6th.:roll::jumpin: Due to the snow on Wednesday, the base was on a 2 hour delay, and we had an Interstate shut due to a 18 wheeler accident. Given all that and the ice, we decided to postpone.

I will be sure and post some photos from the days events.

I have 2 eager passengers ready to come for the ride along, my Father and Brother-in-Law.

Thanks,
Post details soon.

John

Michael

If you flat tow it home, be sure to look real close at the tires. I don't know how many I have seen that look like they have 90% tread but are dry rotted from just sitting in the sun. I had one that I was going to use as a spare, that was so bad that it leaked air through the sidewall cracks.

crownjewel4

Home safe

Truck is home safe, and at the mechanics garage who is a relative. Giving it a complete check over.
I will post photos of the recovery later today.

All went well, and was a great save.

:grin::grin:
Thanks,

BobM

Truck is home safe, and at the mechanics garage who is a relative. Giving it a complete check over.
I will post photos of the recovery later today.

All went well, and was a great save.

:grin::grin:
Thanks,
Cool! Glad it all worked out. Can't wait to see which method you used to get it home!:-D

kentuckycucv

This forum post is great. I made a 400 mile trip to get another m1009 only to find that my vehicle would not fit on the U-haul trailer I had reserved..... I was going to flat tow it but I chickened out.... Because It was all mountain driving and envisioned 2 CUCV tied together with a tow bar.... tumbling down a mountain side. My Co-pilot was my girlfriend and the whole operation made her nervous. So I took her to Gatlinberg instead and we had a great time but I passed on a bargain cucv.

BobM

This forum post is great. I made a 400 mile trip to get another m1009 only to find that my vehicle would not fit on the U-haul trailer I had reserved..... I was going to flat tow it but I chickened out.... Because It was all mountain driving and envisioned 2 CUCV tied together with a tow bar.... tumbling down a mountain side. My Co-pilot was my girlfriend and the whole operation made her nervous. So I took her to Gatlinberg instead and we had a great time but I passed on a bargain cucv.
So, did you just default on your bid? Or can you still go get it?:?: