• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tow Dolly a M1008

crownjewel4

OK, How did your recovery go? Enquiring minds want to know!:-D

Had to postpone til Friday Feb 6th.:roll::jumpin: Due to the snow on Wednesday, the base was on a 2 hour delay, and we had an Interstate shut due to a 18 wheeler accident. Given all that and the ice, we decided to postpone.

I will be sure and post some photos from the days events.

I have 2 eager passengers ready to come for the ride along, my Father and Brother-in-Law.

Thanks,
Post details soon.

John

Michael

If you flat tow it home, be sure to look real close at the tires. I don't know how many I have seen that look like they have 90% tread but are dry rotted from just sitting in the sun. I had one that I was going to use as a spare, that was so bad that it leaked air through the sidewall cracks.

crownjewel4

Home safe

Truck is home safe, and at the mechanics garage who is a relative. Giving it a complete check over.
I will post photos of the recovery later today.

All went well, and was a great save.

:grin::grin:
Thanks,

BobM

Truck is home safe, and at the mechanics garage who is a relative. Giving it a complete check over.
I will post photos of the recovery later today.

All went well, and was a great save.

:grin::grin:
Thanks,
Cool! Glad it all worked out. Can't wait to see which method you used to get it home!:-D

kentuckycucv

This forum post is great. I made a 400 mile trip to get another m1009 only to find that my vehicle would not fit on the U-haul trailer I had reserved..... I was going to flat tow it but I chickened out.... Because It was all mountain driving and envisioned 2 CUCV tied together with a tow bar.... tumbling down a mountain side. My Co-pilot was my girlfriend and the whole operation made her nervous. So I took her to Gatlinberg instead and we had a great time but I passed on a bargain cucv.

BobM

This forum post is great. I made a 400 mile trip to get another m1009 only to find that my vehicle would not fit on the U-haul trailer I had reserved..... I was going to flat tow it but I chickened out.... Because It was all mountain driving and envisioned 2 CUCV tied together with a tow bar.... tumbling down a mountain side. My Co-pilot was my girlfriend and the whole operation made her nervous. So I took her to Gatlinberg instead and we had a great time but I passed on a bargain cucv.
So, did you just default on your bid? Or can you still go get it?:?:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks