• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tower park april 14-21 2013 buy/sell/trade thread

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...-4-14-21-13-near-Lodi-CA&highlight=tower+park

Link to the event information thread above.

What are you bringing or wanting?

My intent is to have a testing rig with 24v power to test commo equipment and lights and anything else needed.

Here is what I intend to have

1. Dome Lights for AFVs. These are the standard white ones with the blue and clear lenses.
2. Dimmer switch for the dome lights. (I had never seen these before).
3. AM1780 control box
4. C-2298 crew stations
5. MT1029
6. Mount for the R442 (can't remember the number).
7. Other VIC1 stuff including some cables and other types of boxes in small quantity such as the radio switch box used with the RT246 and 2 x C2296 and 2 x C2297 boxes
8. Crew and driver seats 5 pt restraint that will fit in deuce/cucv and other vehicles.
9. Will probably have a fair number of 395/85/R20 on te 10 bolt pattern rim
10, Might have a RT524
11. USGI brake pressure bleeder
12. Other various tools that I have multiples of that are USGI
13. RT 524 radio I have 2 and will probably package them as complete sets with a VIC-1 system and all cables. speaker, handset, etc.
14. Will probably rig up a board to test vic-1 and radio components. Nothing fancy, just plywood and pre-strung cables.

Looking for:
1. SCR510 WWII radio to include power supply with a jeep mount.
2. SCR528 WWII radio complete for a M2 halftrack.
3. RT246 radio
4. USGI specific tools listed in the following thread
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...nd-quot-looking-for-quot-List&highlight=tools
5. Willys jeep, 1944 dated running/functional engine

Will edit the list as time approaches.

Last edited:

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I'm bringing/available for sale:
M35 hard top. OK condition. Restorable. I have an NOS rear window that I may throw in to sweeten the deal.
Misc. M35 parts. Front blinkers, reflectors, soft top window seals.
M35 new window glass. I replaced mine so i know they fit. This is normal Laminated glass with .030" laminated layer. Auto glass is .045" of laminate so if you're concerned, don't buy it.
M38 new window glass. Same nomenclature as stated above.
M35 transmission
M35 front winch. Rebuilt. Has bumper extensions and drive shaft for winch. No PTO and no cable. I'd like to trade this for an M113 type generator trailer.
Misc. tools. High speed steel lathe bits, expansion reamer set, tool post grinder for a lathe, etc. Lots of tools!
Stainless Steel sinks. These were taken out of a factory. These are single sinks so they are perfect for a garage/shop.
Folding step as seen on many M35 and 5 ton front bumpers. Good condition and complete.
Tan water can insulator. Makes a cool cooler for your beverage of choice.

What I want:
Green Canvas Cab cover for the M543 wrecker project.
Bridge plate set.
VIC-1 set up for the wrecker.
Airpack for the wrecker.
Any wiring harness with lots of connectors that I can salvage to fix the wiring on the wrecker.

I will also amend my list as the show approaches.

I'm in cabin #230. I'll be driving my tan M35A2. I'll be arriving the afternoon of the 18th departing on sunday the 21st.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Add to mine,

Armored dome lights (blue lens--I don't have any red lens) and will also have some dimmer switches for them. Used tested.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Add fuel can holders (used) have around 10 and bridge plates (used) have 4.

By the looks of this thread, I'll be just about the only one there.
I'll take a nice bridge plate set...by the looks of this thread, i'm the only one buying from you :razz: ahahaha

Can't wait to meet you and more new folks.