• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tracks on a five ton

jesusgatos

We have talked about it a lot here in wyo and were woried that as the axles articulate the distance center to center on the axles changes. This might cause tracks to become too tight or too loose. Any thoughts?
I just posted this reply in the other thread:

...it would be pretty easy to measure the changes in the distance between the axles throughout the whole range of suspension travel. I think the important measurements to take would be, 1) at ride height, 2) one axle fully-drooped & the other axle at full compression, 3) both axles drooped (hanging). The links that locate the axles are pretty flat, and they're mounted fairly close together at the chassis-end, so I'm guessing that the distance between the axles won't change enough to make running tracks between the two rear axles a problem. Then again, I don't know anything about tracked vehicles....

wehring

tracks

SECO in Ga did this years ago. They used M114 sections ($60ea) and custom fitted the last section to the needed length. Deflate the 9.00s or 11.00s bolt track sections together then inflate tires.

The 4" center guide on the tracks fits nicely between the duals. Rubber pads on gorusers can still be driven on the road.

Justin
979 997 3112