• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trail Riding at Haspin 11-13-2010

davey8943

I have decided to take the Deuce on a trip to Haspin this weekend. I know there had been a few members that were interested in making a trip with other trucks.

I am planning on arriving at Haspin Saturday late morning / early afternoon. We don't plan on camping, but aren't sure when we will be heading out.

Weather looks pretty good for November, and there may just be a little rain to knock the dust down and make it a little slick!

PM or post up if you have questions!

Dave

davey8943

WOW..... NOTHIN'!

I can't believe that Gimpy didn't at least come up with some sort of excuse!

Come on guys, let's get some green iron muddy!

Dave

XanRa

i wouldnt mind coming out but my civi truck isnt going on any trails- bald tires dont work lol
now i might be able to convience some of my random 4x4 buddies to go (plus free ride lol)

davey8943

Yup, I know its short notice....

I had been thinking this may get into the last "warm"-ish weekend of the season.

Maybe we can put together a Winter Wonderland Trail Ride in January.

XanRa,

Plans right now are to be at Haspin about 10 AM. We will << probably >> be the only Deuce and a Half! Flag us down if you make it!

We aren't planning on camping overnight, so we will likely leave about between 5 and 6 PM.

Dave

davey8943

I'm not sure how the billiards will work out at Haspin? :???: Maybe I missed the pool table next to the mud pit!

The group right now is :

1-M35A2
1-Jeep Wrangler
1-M715
1-"Dune Buggy"

Maybe more if we can talk Gimpy into some pizza, beer, and billiards!

Dave

davey8943

Sorry Gimpy!

Here are the vids -->

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVkRnc9PqFg[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bREkAiCBqPw[/media]

And a Couple of pics to atone for my sins!

It turns out that you don't have to have another Deuce to pull you out of the mud... You just need a buddy that has a WAYYYY over-sized winch on a jeep!

We had a blast, and can't wait to catch up with some more OD Green equipment in the woods!

Dave

Attachments