• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer Idea. Thoughts? Interest?

cruzinz28

I have been looking at the parts left over from my bobber and came up with this rough idae from some pictures I had on file.

Trailer:

- M105 trailer tongue welded to the frame of original deuce bed

- M105 Trailer Springs mounted under original deuce bed

- dual wheels mounted on each side

What are your thoughts or interests in the idea???

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure you have a parking brake and gear on the front. That will be heavy! I like it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I like it and I have considered something similar except with 2 M105 axles. The greatest part of such a project is having the deuce bed allows you to hanf troop seats and a cargo cover on it to keep your stuff dry.

cruzinz28

If anyone is interested in these parts to build a trailer like this... by all means send a PM. this stuf is just laying around outside my shop in the weather

rlwm211

I would be honest and say that the bed will need a full length frame if you want to have it not twist and bend like a pretzel under load or on uneven terrain. The height would be low also if you do not put a frame underneath it.

Just my two cents

RL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks