• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailer Idea. Thoughts? Interest?

cruzinz28

I have been looking at the parts left over from my bobber and came up with this rough idae from some pictures I had on file.

Trailer:

- M105 trailer tongue welded to the frame of original deuce bed

- M105 Trailer Springs mounted under original deuce bed

- dual wheels mounted on each side

What are your thoughts or interests in the idea???

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure you have a parking brake and gear on the front. That will be heavy! I like it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I like it and I have considered something similar except with 2 M105 axles. The greatest part of such a project is having the deuce bed allows you to hanf troop seats and a cargo cover on it to keep your stuff dry.

cruzinz28

If anyone is interested in these parts to build a trailer like this... by all means send a PM. this stuf is just laying around outside my shop in the weather

rlwm211

I would be honest and say that the bed will need a full length frame if you want to have it not twist and bend like a pretzel under load or on uneven terrain. The height would be low also if you do not put a frame underneath it.

Just my two cents

RL