• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailers Ft Meade

jimmy-90

I got my M101A2 for $315.00 from Havre De Grace MD. a couple months back. You guys might consider bidding on one from there also. It was a longer drive from where im at but might not be that bad for some of you if you are after a trailer from MD.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are no trailers available up here so I will be bidding on my first trailer from Mead in the next week. I am new to this so I would appriciate it if you all back off of bidding this time around. Thanks. ;)
It is too bad that you need to come all the way to Meade. About a year or so ago, over 200 M101A2s came out of Ft. Drum and the prices were staying low. I wanted to grab two, but I had just bought my M101A3. Maybe, more will come up there. No guarantee of that, though. If you see the right trailer at Meade, Letterkenny, or wherever within reasonable driving distance, I'd jump on it.

R Racing

If you do win 1 at ft meade. I drive up to Albany NY from MD about once a month. I have towed them up there before. I just don't drive as fast as I normally do LOL.

HFDm715

whith the auction staying open for 15 minutes after the last bid, you really cant say you got outbid in the last couple minutes. what did you bid on and how much did they go for anyway?

cllctrtom

Some of you guys are forgeting some important facts about these M101A3 , (and what I call the Super A3, VSE rebuild) trailers. They are by far, (in my opinion) the best of the 3/4 ton trailers made:

a. wider wheel base on some of the A3's, (you can slap sheets of anything 4 x 8 in them).
b. put on a 1 ton chassis instead of a 3/4 ton.
c. reinforced sides.
d. galvanized steel, (I don't think older models had it).
e. Hummer tires on some of the A3's, (just plan awesome!).

And best of all... quite a few coming out of Meade and some other places were not used!

They won't be coming out of there like that much longer if anymore at all. Let's face it. How many were actually produced? I bet not that many compared to the A1's and even the A2's.

That's why the price is shooting up on these models, (especially the Super A3's). Supply and demand. Glad I bought mine early!

Just a footnote. The trailer that replaced the M101 series, (the M1101 series I believe) is garbage. They may be able to haul more weight, but they're smaller and made of aluminum. I don't think they hold up as well. Time will tell.

My 2cents

Last edited:

KsM715

I am not a fan of that rule. I think that at 4:50 the bidding should end and no one new can place a bid on a item they have not already bid on.

Why? If you go to a live auction they don't stop you from bidding at the very end If someone wants to pay more than you do, well thats why its an auction and not an estate sale.